U.S. is NOT in RECESSION ---READ

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin2, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Recession

The technical indicator of a recession is two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth as measured by a country's gross domestic product (GDP).

Period Nominal Real
    2006q1 8.4 4.8
    2006q2 6.0 2.4
    2006q3 3.4 1.1
    2006q4 3.8 2.1
    2007q1 4.9 0.6
    2007q2 6.6 3.8
    2007q3 6.0 4.9
    2007q4 3.2 0.6

2. US recession is like sex with Kobe Bryant: yell and scream all you want, but it's still gonna happen.

3. This is hard proof that there is no recession! Even if there was a recession, it would be 5 more months until we could even be officially in one and several months after that before it would be reported by BEA. It's unfortinate however that the definition of recession has to include "growth as measured by a country's gross domestic product (GDP)" which implies we have to rely on government statistics. Had they been reporting real GDP and GDP deflator, then this would be a different story. :D

4. Lame analogy. And don't ever put it pass the government to lie. I'd be willing to take any bet that the U.S. will not "officially" enter a recession.

I would not be suprised to see the head of BEA mysteriously found dead and GDP Deflator go negative the next quarter.

You heard it first: No U.S. Recession and negative GDP Deflator.... I guess it becomes a GDP INflator. Haha.