U.S. Health Care Dies at Hands of One Angry Man

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Dec 20, 2009.

1. jksn922

jksn922

I've been saying all along that the Republicans will take the majority in the House of Reps. after the 2010 election, and although they won't take the majority in the Senate, they should pick up at least 5-6 seats.
    America is ready to revolt against the Democrats. I can't tell you how many people I've spoken with that voted for Obama, and now call that one of the stupidest decisions they ever made.
    What's coming up next for Congress in 2010? Financial Regulation, Cap & Trade, 2011 Federal Budget, Illegal Immigration - Obama wants to grant amnesty to all 12-15 million illegals in this country. I can think of anything greater to sink the Democrats in 2010 than the immigration issue. America will be boiling over to exterminate every Democrat they can. I am counting the days until Nov. 2nd, 2010.

#11     Dec 20, 2009
  2. Unfortunately, if the current crop of immorals passes enough big legislation before the '10 & '12, elections, we'll be severely damaged anyway.

Perhaps once the bill is passed, IT WILL BE READ AND MADE PUBLIC... Once what's in the bill becomes known, an outraged public might vote to throw the Dems out of office while demanding REPEAL of this bill. After all.. though they will start collecting money for it in 2010, no services to be provided until 2013 (or is that 2014?).

#12     Dec 20, 2009
  3. 151

I trend republican, and even I can tell this healthcare bill is a win win win for the republicans.

The bill itself is nothing more than a glorified seatbelt law. (well supposedly)

Everyone must buy insurance, or be fined.

The additional fees and taxes will more than cover the small % of people whose insurance is subsidized.

So government gets more money and the republicans get more seats in the next election all the while blaming it on the democrats.

Well played and potentially disastrous.

#13     Dec 20, 2009
  4. gkishot

gkishot

Jesus Lieberman a savior.

#14     Dec 20, 2009
  5. jksn922

jksn922

EXACTLY!!!!!!! Like I said, this is health care legislation is political suicide for the Democrats. Even though the mid-term elections are still some 11 months away, the people will not forget this!!! The economy will not have improved much in 2010, and if the Democrats also pass Cap & Trade, and Illegal Immigrant Amnesty, their will be rebellion on a massive scale.

#15     Dec 20, 2009
  6. jksn922

jksn922

It would kick in starting in 2014. Hopefully, it could be repealed, but that's unlikely.
    My big concern about this bill is when it goes to committee. Even though the Senate version doesn't have the public option/medicare buy in, the House version does. No one mentions this, but I can see the public option being put right back into the bill when blending the House and Senate bills together to produce the final legislation. If they do this, it would easily pass the House, and then it would only need 51 votes in the Senate for final passage. Karl Rove had mentioned something about this a few day ago on Hannity. He said, when this goes to committee, don't be surprised if major things are put back into the final bill that weren't in the Senate version. a.k.a. - the public option.

#16     Dec 20, 2009
  7. pspr

pspr

This is just sick! I think everyone should go out and find a Democrat politician today and give him or her a swift kick in the a$$.

#17     Dec 20, 2009
  8. Considering how Reid bought off (with your money, of course) Landrieu, Lieberman, and Ben Nelson... Maybe all of the House Democrats will get "smart" and hold out their vote for some big package, too...

Maybe they'll ALL try to extort money from the treasury for their faux support... and the whole thing will blow up from "unsustainable greed"...
    :mad:

This is just like a mafia movie... The thugs move into town and take over. Soon, we'll ALL be paying for "protection"... OR ELSE!!

#18     Dec 20, 2009
  9. tman

tman

This whole thing isn't going to end well as more and more citizens (voters) fight over the wealth of a shrinking number of taxpayers.

#19     Dec 20, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not always, in fact around here southAmerica is what comes to mind.

#20     Dec 20, 2009