U.S. Headed For Economic Disaster

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pspr, Jun 3, 2009.

1. creative experiments like the current bailout plan, stimulus package(s), fooling educated chinese to work for us or fooling the chinese government to buy our worthless paper. :D

#51     Jun 8, 2009
  2. Creativity is no substitute for basic technical understanding. I'm sure you are all aware that more than half of the engineers and scientists in Silicon Valley have foreign roots. How can a person create a killer app. computer software program if they don't know how to code? How can a person design a creative laser if they do not understand physics? Etc... As Edison said, invention is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

#52     Jun 8, 2009
  3. dozu888

dozu888

This actually brings up a very good point. In the past 3 decades, the Chinese has ALWAYS ranked higher in maths and science.... but it's the Americans who have enjoy the fruit of the Chinese laborer.

What's gonna happen for the next 3 decades.. do you think this is gonna change? NOT!

The creative minds in a true free society will always out-think and out-manuveur the framed minds on the other side of the pacific.

#53     Jun 8, 2009
  4. Your kids are learning to be greedy. Your kids are learning to fool themselves and others. Your kids are learning how to crook the books.

Your kids will become the CEO of the wall street firms - those CEOs who don't know how risky it is to use the math models created by the chinese kids.

#54     Jun 8, 2009
  5. Your mind is framed. But it doesn't mean all chinese are trained in the same way as yours.

Can creativity be trained? A creative mind cannot be framed.

#55     Jun 8, 2009
  6. Mav88

Mav88

Because most successful tech start ups are started and run by technical people. Tech people hate people like your kids, I know because I am one.

#56     Jun 8, 2009
  7. RZTrader

RZTrader

It is obvious that you have a lot of misconceptions and prejudice about the chinese, but let me give you a heads up: the chinese culture is one of the most entrepreneurial, risk-taking, capitalistic in the world and throughout history. They know how to do business and are good, very good at it. To think that they can't manage or can't be creative or have no interpersonal skills is just silly. They are right now leading in many fields of the future and where they are lagging behind, it will take them less than a generation to recoup. Why? Because they are such good managers that they have been able to mobilize 1 billion people to engineer the fastest and widest social, technological and economical revolution in history without bloodshed. That's called management skills.

As for your kids becoming managers, talking and winking won't get them very far... even if by chance they make it half way in the corporate ladder, the fall will be fast and brutal.

#57     Jun 8, 2009
  8. When someone raises his kids to "manage" others but not to work with others, that is something wrong.

No wonder those highly educated chinese are working just as a cheap labor for us.

#58     Jun 8, 2009
  9. dozu888

dozu888

misconceptions and prejudice?

I am 40 years old and have spend the first half of my life in China, and the 2nd half in the US.

What do you know about China?

Yeah, the Chinese are entrepreneur alright, and the business they are best at is making counterfeit goods and pirate copy software.

What have they created? and while on the topic of maths and sciences, how many Nobel Prizes have they won?

#59     Jun 8, 2009
  10. He is a chinese with a framed mind. What do you expect? :D

#60     Jun 8, 2009