U.S. Economy no longer #1

Discussion in 'Economics' started by silvermotion, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Indeed. The US has a very bad habit of saving, rebuilding countries and continents resulting in freedom and huge economic prosperity and to show their gratitude those countries turn around and.....

Time to pull the life support plug on other nations every time they get themselves into trouble and beg the US to help. Time to focus on our own.

#31     Mar 15, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

Long standing joke (?)... "Best thing a country can do for its economy is to declare war on America."

#32     Mar 15, 2008
  3. Tiura

Tiura

Come on people it cannot be that hard.

Like I have stated many times one European Union is not the same as Euro area. Euro area has 15 countries out of 27 in European Union and the population in the euro area is 320 million.

#33     Mar 15, 2008
  4. paj

paj

Your source is incorrect. Only the 15 countries in the Eurozone use the Euro.

#34     Mar 15, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Is EU the same as Eurozone?

But some are missing the point... that is, due to currency destruction in the US, the economic value of goods and services has declined significantly.

It's not "the correct definition of Eurozone, or who's included in the term European Union".

Nit pickers rarely welcome anywhere.

#35     Mar 15, 2008
  6. Tiura

Tiura

You have found some incorrect information. Once again:

EU = European Union = 27 countries
    Euro area = 15 countries (that all are members of EU) which have adopted euro = eurozone

Here is a snipped out of wikipedia :
    The twelve countries of the European Union that do NOT use the euro are: Denmark, Sweden, the United Kingdom, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Slovakia. The next enlargement is expected to be Slovakia in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurozone

As a sidenote, the production per capita of euro area will actually LOWER in future as the new members coming in are former easter block countries with lower production.

#36     Mar 15, 2008
  7. Tiura

Tiura

No, as explained in my previous post.

#37     Mar 15, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

Again, nit picking. Not the point of the thread.

For all of those who want to discuss "Definition of European Whatsis", please start a new thread.

#38     Mar 15, 2008
  9. Tiura

Tiura

Nit picking? Not on topic?

The topic of the thread was that eurozone has overtook U.S. in production.

While discussing this people are happily mixing together:

Eurozone = 15 countries = 320 million ppl
    European union = 27 countries = 497 million ppl
    European continent = 48 countries = 712 million ppl

I think 15 v 48 countries and 320 million ppl versus 712 million ppl is hardly nit picking.

I have a hard time understanding the prevailing negativity in Elite Trader. I just corrected some blatantly incorrect information / misunderstandings presented here.

#39     Mar 15, 2008
  10. kashirin

kashirin

it will soon doesn't matter
    with the current pace of US$ devaluation US economy will be several times smaller than 15 or 27 or 48 or probably smaller even than Germany's soon enough

#40     Mar 15, 2008