U.S. Economy – Budget Deficits – GDP and Defense Spending.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, May 11, 2009.

1. .
    May 12, 2009

SouthAmerica: Reply to Mav88

Here is another posting of mine on this forum on the same subject.

September 18, 2008

SouthAmerica: I should not be writing right now because I am very angry with the bullshit I heard on CNN from the politicians who just finished an emergency meeting in Washington D.C. about the current financial crisis.

Those politicians in Washington D.C. are completely worthless and they are not worth even the food that they eat every day. What a bunch of idiots we have running this country today.

To make things even worse as usual the US mainstream media is missing in action.

Nobody (with the exception of maybe Lou Dobbs) is watching the store and trying to talk on behalf of the average middle class American person.

If Americans had any understanding of what is happening right now they would be on the streets and they would be staging major demonstrations to stop the destruction of the last safety nets that we have here in the United States.

Those idiots including Treasure Secretary Paulson came out of their emergency meeting and Paulson said that they were moving very fast to come up with some quick solutions to fix the current financial crisis.

Let me translate to the American people in plain English what those bullshit artists are trying to do to the American people.

After enriching themselves for many years beyond their wildest dreams these bullshit artist in Wall Street want to pass to the American taxpayer the toxic waste and massive losses that they created in financial markets (today the Financial Times – UK – had an article by Harvard University economics professor Kenneth Rogoff that estimates the current bailout could cost $ 1, or $ 2 trillion US dollars or even more because nobody really knows what kind of losses are in the pipeline related to losses in the Derivatives market - a market that is unregulated, out of sight and operating in automatic-pilot and also losses related to the sub-prime mess.)

Now you ask me why the American people should be having major demonstrations all around the country to stop all this non-sense that is going on with taxpayer money?

First we are at a point in American history that is not business as usual as they want people to believe. Some of these people mentioned the financial messes of the past like the Savings and Loans fiasco of the late 1980’s and the stock market crash of 1987, and so on….

What is different at this time from any other financial crisis in the past?

The United States government never had so much cumulative outstanding debt in the past as it is the case today - as of September 18, 2008 the cumulative debt of the US government is $ 9.7 trillion dollars.

The US government is spending a fortune with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and a very reputable economist a Nobel Economics Prize winner Joseph Stiglitz wrote a book published in 2008 “The Three Trillion Dollar War” – on his book he gives an estimated cost of these wars. And nobody really knows what is going to be the total tab for these wars.

The United States government has a ton of new liabilities coming due in the near future related to the Baby Boom generation that it is very conservatively estimated at over $ 50 trillion dollars.

The US government already has assumed trillions of new liabilities when the government nationalized Fannie and Freddie and also bailout Bear Stearns and AIG and God knows which other corporations are going to be bailout in the near future.

It is estimated that in the coming years the US government deficit spending is going to continue at a rate of over $ 500 billion dollars per year that will pile up on top the current cumulative outstanding debt of the US government.

Every 2 years the United States will increase its cumulative debt by another $ 1 trillion dollars – that means the cumulative debt of the US government is going to grow very fast to $ 12 and $ 14 trillion dollars.

Because of the level of outstanding debt of the US government very soon interest rate will increase in the US market to keep the US dollar from collapsing in world markets.

And when that happens the amount of interest rate paid on an annual basis on the outstanding cumulative debt of the US government is going to explode and it is going to take larger and larger pieces of the annual budget of the US government.

If the American people don’t wake up in time and start demonstrating around the country and ask the US government to stop this massive transfer of toxic waste and gambling losses from Wall Street to the lap of the taxpayers – then the net result is that as this massive amount of gambling losses are transferred to the US taxpayer the Wall Street bullshit artists besides laughing all the way to the bank they also are going to move on and create their next scam.

And if the American people allows the US government to create this new toxic waste dump for Wall Street garbage to the tune of trillions of US dollars – then Americans deserve what is going to happen to them in the future when the US government starts cutting their Social security, Medicare, and Medicaid benefits to the bone.

There is no two ways about it in a nutshell: Wall Street pass their gambling losses to the American taxpayer at the expense of major cuts in Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

If what Americans want is to go straight to the poor house then they are going to get their wishes very soon.

Not a single person on the mainstream media has been able to connect the dots and have mentioned to the American people what is at stake with the shenanigans that is happening in Washington D.C. and Wall Street.

It does not matter if you are a Republican or a Democrat you all have grandparents , or your parents, or even yourself to consider – the Bush administration is destroying the entire economic system of the United States and right now they are going to destroy indirectly the Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid Systems. And that is going to affect the lives of every American in the coming years.

If Americans do nothing at this time that will show to the world how Pathetic the American population has become and they deserve to lose every safety net that still available today.

If Americans want to fight for their Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid benefits the time is now and people should make a major effort to stop the US government from creating this graveyard to bury the massive gambling losses of Wall Street at taxpayers expense to the tune of trillions of dollars.

If the American people don't fight back that just demonstrate how dumb, and stupid the American taxpayer has become.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...ghlight=destroying+the+safety+net#post2076938

#11     May 11, 2009
  2. .

May 12, 2009

SouthAmerica: Reply to Eight

You wrote: “Regarding the economic comments, I've been reading the same stuff in the Reader's Digest for fifty years…”

Here is an article that you never had the chance to read on your “Reader’s Digest.”

“It’s 2008. The U.S. Has Dragged the World into a Depression”
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124509

#12     May 11, 2009
  3. Clubber Lang's reply to southamerica:

Hey moron, you've been on this website for 4 years. By now you should have learned (or "learnt" as you say), that the "QUOTE" icon on the bottom corner of a post automatically sets up the previous post so you don't have to re-write the entire post just to respond to it.

Oh, and let me reitterate that you are a parasite living in the U.S. Why don't you go back to your banana hut in southamerica since you hate this country so much.

#13     May 11, 2009
  4. Eight

Eight

SA, have you ever equated the rise of Communism with the rise of the middle class in the USA? I've always thought that the wealthy here were terribly afraid of commies, they were, after all, sworn enemies of the 400 if I recall the commie rhetoric... so the wealthy here made sure workers were treated well. Now, there's no more threat, there are tax incentives to send jobs offshore, etc, the worker has been falling behind ever since the Berlin Wall came down..... so basically I believe that WIN stands for Work Is Nonprofit and in the Obama upcoming years I'm sure that will be borne out....

I really do believe that you and the whole human race will go for the very complex answers every time simply from the belief that the simple answers cannot be well... "that simple". Getting past that is one of the keys to a few things like understanding, happiness, wealth, etc...

Happy trading or whatever it is you do...

#14     May 11, 2009
  5. toc

toc

'Holy $hit!!!!'

That post was as long as Sicko Castro's regular tv addresses.

One thing is for sure, US may or may not come back from Afganistan 100% victorious.....but what ever the result.......US will be alive and well for decades to come! :D

SA and others can post whatever they want! :p :D

#15     May 12, 2009
  6. .

May 12, 2009

SouthAmerica: Reply to Clubber Lanq

I did check many of your postings on this forum and I got the point about your intellectual level.

My conclusion is: Please place my name on your ignore list.

Reply to Eight

You wrote: “SA, have you ever equated the rise of Communism with the rise of the middle class in the USA?”

No.

FDR’s economic policies created the foundations for the rise of the middle class in the USA.

I know there is no simple answer for such a complex economic system.

You can see the answer to your posting on the following article as follows:
    Brazzil Magazine - September 06, 2006 - “While the American Dream Is Outsourced Brazil Drives the World into the Future” - Written by Ricardo C. Amaral
    http://www.brazzil.com/component/content/article/171-september-2006/9684.html

If you enjoyed reading that particular article then you can read many of my articles on the following website:

http://brazzilnews.blogspot.com/

Reply to Toc

Based on your posting it is clear to me that you have missed the enclosed information included in one of the above postings as follows:

When I was watching that movie I wonder what kind of reaction the Russians would have today if they had the opportunity to watch that movie. I also wonder what kind lesson the Russians would have learned from this movie that could be replicated today in Afghanistan?

I also wonder if this story is going to have a follow up part 2 and also based on actual facts - and In a few years a Russian filmmaker decides to make a similar movie called “Ivanovich Putin’s War” – how the KGB provided the weapons and training to Osama bin Laden; the Stinger missiles to shoot down American helicopters in Afghanistan. The Archer became a stinger missile expert and he once again he became so good that he helped shoot down most of the xxx American helicopters in a short period of time. Osama Bin Laden became a Legend and a Hero of war all over again in Afghanistan.”

Interesting sequel - what goes around comes around…

The sequel to the original American version of “Charlie Wilson’s War” – In the future, the new Russian version of that movie it will be called “Afghanistan the graveyard to former Superpowers”

The key word here is: “Superpowers”

#16     May 12, 2009
  7. Mav88

Mav88

By the way, most of your information it does not make any sense. I have no idea what you were trying to say here: “but we just spent 2-3 trillion in 6 months, social welfare is staring down 50 Trillion unfunded mandate, takes up over twice the budget, and now runs annual deficits”

South America, you are an economics graduate making sweeping statements about the american economy and yet you can't make sense of my statement about the simple and factual arithmetic of the recent history of the US federal budget?

What can I say but have fun with your drivel, I can't discuss much of anything with someone who can't add. Motrin works pretty well for carpal tunnel btw.

did check many of your postings on this forum and I got the point about your intellectual level.

Your intellectual level is at about a C average mouth-breathing college sophomore. For instance when you say 'but I read a book that says the 70s inflation was caused by Vietnam' you have no idea how dumb you look.

#17     May 12, 2009
  8. .

May 12, 2009

SouthAmerica: Reply to Mav88

I did check some of your postings on this forum and they reflect your intellectual level.

Dude - Here is a small sample of your high intellect.

No wonder you can’t grasp the information on my postings.

11-12-08 10:39 AM

Mav88: The reason that irresponsible people are getting bailed out is that a good part of them are minorities. That's where politics has taken us.

09-18-08 01:45 AM

Mav88: But without the producers there would not be a decent country to live in.

Thought experiment: divide the people into the top half and bottom half of earners, now take everyone's money away and put the halves on different planets. Would you rather live the top half or bottom half?

09-17-08 08:04 PM

Mav88: First cut off one arm, then you will be valuable as the advisor who can't say 'on the other hand'

09-21-08 05:54 PM

Mav88: no, but better off than following the likes of Franken, Obama, Clinton, Gore, etc.

I have listened to all, and found Limbaugh to be the more politically useful and insightful. For every stupid thing Limbaugh says, I can find even more stupidity from the left. Dragging up anecdotes is pointless.

09-23-08 02:46 AM

Mav88: First of all, you pay about 13% total for SSI. Just because you don't see part of it doesn't mean you don't pay. In my case, I ran a calculation and if I were allowed to shove it into a total market fund over my life, I could pay for 2 people at a higher rate than the SSI payout. Forced institutional investing is far better than the current system, which is NOT an investment.

Second, you fail basic math. No way will most people get their money back in 3 years, that is only for a generation way back. In fact I probably will never break even. Dumbass misinformation like that is part of the political problem.

Third, SSI was never meant to be a retirement. Insurance by definition is not something that all people will collect on. It has changed into an entitlement because of entitlement attitudes of people encouraged by the left.

09-23-08 03:55 AM

Mav88: dude, can you read? I said 'cheaper than', in fact it is much cheaper than 13% and that was my point. If 13% is basically a disability policy until I turn 62, then no thanks.

you failed math and reading comprehension

10-04-08 02:17 PM

Mav88: well runningman, what can I say but you are an idiot. If you can't follow the logic of what has been said, but instead must create your own pathetic strawman version, then you are just a dumb political hack. Or maybe the cognitive dissonance is just too much.

11-03-08 12:10 AM

Mav88: If it wasn't for democrats pushing for loans to the poor, there would not have been a need for a bailout either. I don't see the need for a bailout anyway.

The latter half of the 90's was much different than the first half, and the latter half was dominated by a republican congress. There was a tax cut in 97.

11-03-08 01:00 AM

Mav88: huh? subprimes are the cause of this problem, they are why the CDS market was created in the first place, and most everyone except you agrees that lending money to uncreditworthy people was a root problem. 6% of loans in default is an enormous problem.

Lenders were forced into making loans, just look at the history of Clinton and the CRA. Fannie had a pivotal role in guaranteeing those shitty loans and buying up the the securities. You didn't deal with Fannie directly because you didn't have to, they bought and guaranteed the loans after they were bundled.

To claim subprime and fannie had little role is just plain ridiculous

#18     May 12, 2009
  9. Mav88

Mav88

thanks for bringing back some of my oldies!

however you are still a moron who can't add, take some of the enormous time you spent on this worthless thread and learn arithmetic

#19     May 12, 2009
  10. jprad

jprad

When I read your posts I wonder how things would go for you if you lived in Russia and wrote about that country the way you write about the U.S. while living here...

#20     May 12, 2009