U.S. Dollar Now Ripe For Catastrophic Devaluation

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DrPepper, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Follow the yellow brick (gold brick) road to Oz (Oz the prison)

#11     Oct 12, 2010
  2. Bob111

Bob111

another solution to create inflation..also add yan talk..Chinese currency rise=their shit is going to rise in price=inflation in US..
    the bottom line is very simple-we are going to have helluva inflation. and it's looks like "they" pushing all the buttons. look at Iran situation..i'm damn sure there is will be some action pretty soon. nobody gives the shit about their nuclear stuff...it's to create instability in region=oil go up=inflation.since we can't really fight-we have to adapt and try to profit from it somehow..the question is :how?

#12     Oct 12, 2010
  3. The government is one step ahead of you. They put a provision in the (non) health care bill that requires a 1099 for any sale over $600. Therefore, they will know when you sell your PMs and will tax you on the capital gains. Too bad you cannot deduct the loss on your depreciating dollars.

I think confiscating gold would be too difficult in this century. However, I would not put it past them.

#13     Oct 12, 2010
  4. Bob111

Bob111

here we go. i don't think that confiscation of bullions or coins will be really difficult. they will issue an order and you will be obligated to bring your gold to the nearest BOA or Citi branch. and you will,because if you are not-you will get something like 10 years and 1M fine. nice and simple.end of story. i'm pretty sure that every single purchase of those items already have to be reported to some gvt agency. if not-shouldn't be a problem to run a query and pull up all purchases @ kitco for example.

and i believe that is the reason why this market is keep going up..it's not pricing in fu*ng "recovery"..it's pricing in upcoming inflation..

#14     Oct 12, 2010
  5. We wont be like japan. Japanese are hard workers. You see them working 16 hours per day, 6 days per week from an early age. Even the ones without education work hard.

Americans cant even get out of their chairs to mow the lawn. how are we supposed to recover until people work?

[​IMG]

#15     Oct 12, 2010
  6. Bob111

Bob111

not only because of that,but because US gvt and Fed do have more toys to play with. so far-us is moving into japan -like scenario for last 3-5 years and it's not what us gvt wants. deflation-bad for debtor.inflation is good obviously. that's why Fed and DC is pushing every possible button to inflate. you don't have to be economist or nobel prize winner to figure this one out.

#16     Oct 13, 2010
  7. Food and gas are included in CPI....CORE CPI strips them out.

#17     Oct 13, 2010
  8. Buy real assets such as precious metals and farmland, as well as real asset stocks, such as oil, agricultural and mining stocks.

#18     Oct 13, 2010
  9. The last time the Chicken Little's were screaming about USD collapse it rebounded quite nicely.

I'm not sayin.......

I'm just sayin.

#19     Oct 13, 2010
  10. That's what happens when you try to print your way out of a recession.

Massive $$$ = devaluation= things get worse.

#20     Oct 13, 2010