U.S. Dollar Depreciation: What Are You Doing To Compensate For The Fall of The USD?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Too much slippage on FXE. You get killed getting in, and killed getting out. Net effect is breakeven if you bet correctly.

#11     Apr 29, 2007
  2. Not a chance. By then, Canada will be happy that China wants its oil and will have money that will buy something to pay for it with.

#12     Apr 29, 2007
  3. Daal

Daal

read again.You get screwed only once when you buy it. then you hold and use it as collateral, as far as I know IB allows this

#13     Apr 29, 2007
  4. i agree with a note above. i've really seen no effects from a falling $ outside oil and oil is still Cheaper than last summer when the $ was much stronger so it hasn't even hurt oil. i mean i buy a gallon of milk for $2.50 here. tomatoes $1.80 a lb. meats gone up a bit the last 2 years but not becasue of the $. a huge example are cars. i just bought a honda accord for the almost the same price i bought one 7 years ago. PLEASE SHOW ME WERE THE WEAK $ HAS EFFECTED PRICES? ALSO IT HASN'T EFFECTED INTEREST RATES

#14     Apr 29, 2007
  5. Thats right, as far as I am concerned a dollar is still a dollar and inflation is non-sense. I have no problem with Ben & his crew printing more cash because we will never ever feel any net effect from our currency slowly becoming worthless, especially when the Dow is going up 2% every week!!!! It's the best of all worlds. Higher stock prices & more money printed every day & all goods especially imported and services cost the same with zero inflation! Thank you Ben for making the impossible a reality!

#15     Apr 29, 2007
  6. I don't disagree, but you'd need a huge move in the Euro as compared to slippage + margin interest for it to be profitable.

Say the Euro goes to 1.37 or 1.38, even. You lost 1/2% on slippage and had to pay 1/2% interest per month on the margin, so month1 its 1%, month2 its 1.5%, moonth3 its 2%, etc.

#16     Apr 29, 2007
  7. Daal

Daal

thats why I said its for daytraders. otherwise the interest cost is too high

#17     Apr 29, 2007