U.S. condemns Israel's decision to build in disputed territory

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 9, 2010.

1. What a loser! You see what I am saying? Your tactic is to insult rather than argue back. Same stupid bankrupt tactics followed by morally corrupt people.

The reason I posted all of the above is because there are news that the Obama admin might come out and declare who the real obstacle of peace. That is why, the American Zionists are mounting a campaign before such report come out. What I posted was to give you a taste of how you promote peace Mom0.

#21     Mar 10, 2010
  2. You see what I am saying? You counter any evidence by trying to shoot the messenger. Typical tactic.

#22     Mar 10, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

How many times has the U.S. condemned Israel's actions in the past?

#23     Mar 10, 2010
  4. I understand why they use the smear tactics, the logical fallacy, the intimidation, the accuse any dissent must be the product of anti-Semitism, Nazism, etc.

It is all they have to use...and that methodology is very powerful in manipulating the weak, timid and uniformed.

McCarthyism worked, what the neocons did to get us in a war with Iraq work, a mob mentality works, propaganda works...

Does that make their tactics right?

If they truly were the victims they claims to be, would that justify their manipulative and demeaning tactics?

I would say no, but since they are not actually victims at all, it is a moot point...

Israel has nothing at all to do any more when it comes to their policy that is genuinely spiritual in nature. It is all political, worldly, and fallen into the much of materialism and a stupid land grab and expansionist war.

Make no mistake, Israel and the Palestinians are both in the wrong with their violent actions, as only Godly behavior would be in the right...and neither side acts in a holy or Godly manner at all...

#24     Mar 10, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I'll bet you do!

:D LOL

#25     Mar 10, 2010
  6. Oh yes, I do understand why they use the methods they do, and I also understand why you appear to be a dimwitted redneck...

...because all you have is an empty head, and all the Israelis have is their flawed methods...since the Jewish people who renounced the great religion of Judaism and took control of Israel policy are not able to do what they do and truly follow the great spirit of Judaism...

Israel is a spiritually fallen nation, corrupt, and it is no wonder that the USA, which is also fallen, corrupt, hypocritical, and devoid of real spirituality amongst the people, is their biggest supporter...

#26     Mar 10, 2010
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Seems like a lot of that going on............

Defectors Say Church of Scientology Hides Abuse
    By LAURIE GOODSTEIN
    Published: March 6, 2010

CLEARWATER, Fla. — Raised as Scientologists, Christie King Collbran and her husband, Chris, were recruited as teenagers to work for the elite corps of staff members who keep the Church of Scientology running, known as the Sea Organization, or Sea Org.

[​IMG]
    Chip Litherland for The New York Times
    A portrait of the founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard, in a church retreat center in Clearwater, Fla.

They signed a contract for a billion years — in keeping with the church’s belief that Scientologists are immortal. They worked seven days a week, often on little sleep, for sporadic paychecks of $50 a week, at most.

But after 13 years and growing disillusionment, the Collbrans decided to leave the Sea Org, setting off on a Kafkaesque journey that they said required them to sign false confessions about their personal lives and their work, pay the church thousands of dollars it said they owed for courses and counseling, and accept the consequences as their parents, siblings and friends who are church members cut off all communication with them.

“Why did we work so hard for this organization,” Ms. Collbran said, “and why did it feel so wrong in the end? We just didn’t understand.”

They soon discovered others who felt the same. Searching for Web sites about Scientology that are not sponsored by the church (an activity prohibited when they were in the Sea Org), they discovered that hundreds of other Scientologists were also defecting — including high-ranking executives who had served for decades.

Fifty-six years after its founding by the science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, who died in 1986, the church is fighting off calls by former members for a Reformation. The defectors say Sea Org members were repeatedly beaten by the church’s chairman, David Miscavige, often during planning meetings; pressured to have abortions; forced to work without sleep on little pay; and held incommunicado if they wanted to leave. The church says the defectors are lying.

The defectors say that the average Scientology member, known in the church as a public, is largely unaware of the abusive environment experienced by staff members. The church works hard to cultivate public members — especially celebrities like Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Nancy Cartwright (the voice of the cartoon scoundrel Bart Simpson) — whose money keeps it running.

But recently even some celebrities have begun to abandon the church, the most prominent of whom is the director and screenwriter Paul Haggis, who won Oscars for “Million Dollar Baby” and “Crash.” Mr. Haggis had been a member for 35 years. His resignation letter, leaked to a defectors’ Web site, recounted his indignation as he came to believe that the defectors’ accusations must be true.

“These were not the claims made by ‘outsiders’ looking to dig up dirt against us,” Mr. Haggis wrote. “These accusations were made by top international executives who had devoted most of their lives to the church.”

The church has responded to the bad publicity by denying the accusations and calling attention to a worldwide building campaign that showcases its wealth and industriousness. Last year, it built or renovated opulent Scientology churches, which it calls Ideal Orgs, in Rome; Malmo, Sweden; Dallas; Nashville; and Washington. And at its base here on the Gulf Coast of Florida, it continued buying hotels and office buildings (54 in all) and constructing a 380,000-square-foot mecca that looks like a convention center.

“This is a representation of our success,” said the church’s spokesman, Tommy Davis, showing off the building’s cavernous atrium, still to be clad in Italian marble, at the climax of a daylong tour of the church’s Clearwater empire. “This is a result of our expansion. It’s pinch-yourself material.”

As for the defectors, Mr. Davis called them “apostates” and said that contrary to their claims of having left the church in protest, they were expelled.

“And since they’re removed, the church is expanding like never before,” said Mr. Davis, a second-generation Scientologist whose mother is the actress Anne Archer. “And what we see here is evidence of the fact that we’re definitely better off without them.”

‘Bridge to Total Freedom’

Scientology is an esoteric religion in which the faith is revealed gradually to those who invest their time and money to master Mr. Hubbard’s teachings. Scientologists believe that human beings are impeded by negative memories from past lives, and that by applying Mr. Hubbard’s “technology,” they can reach a state known as clear.

They may spend hundreds of hours in one-on-one “auditing” sessions, holding the slim silver-colored handles of an e-meter while an auditor asks them questions and takes notes on what they say and on the e-meter’s readings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/us/07scientology.html

Hey Zzzzz,

Been on any plane rides lately?

[​IMG]

#27     Mar 10, 2010
  8. It is an epidemic in America and worldwide...all in the name only.

When the genuine spirituality vanishes, materialism fills the vacuum.

#28     Mar 10, 2010
  9. Ricter

Ricter

I've just been considering of late the difference between spirituality and religion. So I might, might, alter your statement to say, "when genuine spirituality vanishes, religion fills the vacuum". Behind that, I am thinking about the role of "props" in the difference. Along the lines of, the spiritual do not require props, like books, holy dirt clods, and funny beanie caps, to feel their connection to something greater, but the religious not only want the props, they'll fight over them.

#29     Mar 10, 2010
  10. Religion never goes away. The object of religions change. Just look to the object of deepest attachment, where the trust is place and what/whom people worship.

Our money says "In God We Trust" but in America today that is as false as a three dollar bill...

#30     Mar 10, 2010