U.S. big bag of wind

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Humpy, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Thanks for your views dooodoo - try not to blame the messenger.
    I dont support extremism or violence and watch with increasing horror as it all escalates and gets nearer. the turbulence increasingly out of control. Twats like you fuelling it from a safe distance.
    I listened to an interesting person on the radio yesterday who was put in charge of the admin of Southern Iraq straight after the war ( he was a bank clerk in civilian life ). What started out as an amateur but willing force of 50 Iraqis is no more. Mostly they have had to flee abroad or are in hiding, fearing for their lives.
    Call that success !!??

#21     Apr 26, 2007
  2. No one is claiming that Iraq is a success, your point is a typical straw man. Both Bush supporters and opponents have long recognized that it's an unmitigated disaster. But it has nothing to do with your original assertion that the US is "big bag of wind" and not a military superpower just because it can't crush the insurgency.

Needless to say we can, needless to say we can vaporize the entire Middle-East in a New York minute. You would certainly withdraw your assertion (that the US is not a military superpower) but I doubt you'd be impressed or pleased. We should not be in Iraq in the first place of course but now that we are there we're damned if we do and damned if we don't which allows self-righteous moralistic morons criticize this country no matter what.

The bottom line is when you say that Iraq is a disaster - we agree, when you claim that the US is a "big bag of wind" - it's wishful thinking. Coming from toothless, spineless, stiff-upper-lipless european has-beens, this nonsense sounds even more ridiculous, but alas expected. It even has a name - inferiority complex.

#22     Apr 26, 2007
  3. Humpy

Humpy

How about this for a reasonable test dooodooo ?
    You hop on a flight and walk about alone in downtown Baghdad in a Stars and Stripes t-shirt waving the flag.
    I guess you would be lucky to last 5 minutes before being torn limb from limb ( once they got over the surprise )
    Think you are Mr Popular/ flavour of the week - I dont think so somehow. And dont go calling for help from us lot either !

#23     Apr 26, 2007
  4. Yes, it would take great courage and manliness to vaporize the entire middle east.

Oh, I am assuming that vaporizes Israel too, after all, they are a middle eastern country as well...but heck, big strong American men wouldn't cry about that as long as we are killing all the evil doers in the middle east. So what if there is collateral damage, right? We vaporize the middle east and all our problems vanish. We are big tough America, we don't need their stinking oil anyway...which would be just a wee bit radioactive for a brief period....we can gut it out without oil, we are tough Americans, we ain't dependent on nobody.

Our mission is not to be concerned about collateral damage, our mission is to show the world how macho we are, what tough talkers we are, how brave we are, how well we can push buttons to vaporize parts of the globe.

We are so brave we don't even have to face the enemy, we can just vaporize them in a New York minute.

#24     Apr 26, 2007

5. You hop on a flight and walk about alone in downtown Baghdad in a Stars and Stripes t-shirt waving the flag.
    I guess you would be lucky to last 5 minutes before being torn limb from limb ( once they got over the surprise )

This is not in dispute but I fail to see how it's supposed to prove your claim that the US is no longer a superpower. Or you've pretty much given up on the primary assertion of this thread that you yourself started and named "US big bag of wind"? If that's the case you might as well admit to being wrong and appologize cause the [undeniable] fact that I won't last 5 mins in Baghdad hardly leads anyone to believe that the US military is no good.

And dont go calling for help from us
    Oh but your presence was symbolic to begin with... And btw don't go calling for help from us either. Russia is back to their old ways and is flexing their muscles, Iranian rockets will reach Paris and London long before they are capable of reaching NY and LA, your own muslim minority will give you hell way sooner than you imagine. We'll see who's going to need whose help first. And if you are - ask the French.

#25     Apr 26, 2007
  6. LOL, here comes another straw-man extraordinaire. I did not say we should vaporize the middle east, I said the fact that we can proves that we are a military superpower and not a "big bag of wind".

#26     Apr 26, 2007
  7. Humpty Dumpty is scared of the teenies and blames it on America.

What did they carry before? Wet noodles?... LOL...

#27     Apr 26, 2007
  8. Humper is mad the US didn't step in and protect GREAT Britain.

Sorry, Daddy can't take care of you all the time.

Why don't you tell your Military to take their diapers off.

#28     Apr 26, 2007
  9. So as long as someone has military superiority via nukes, they cannot be a big bag of wind?

Following that "logic" all of Bush's tough guy talk was not just hot air, not just blather, not just chicken hawk spew, because he could vaporize the entire middle east...

#29     Apr 26, 2007
  10. Humpty Dumpty is a big bag of wind...:p

#30     Apr 26, 2007