U.S. armed services blocked from reading NSA spying scandal "for your own protection"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Jul 9, 2013.

1. 1) So what? that's usually the way debates/arguments work.

2) Only if you changed you mind on the specific criticism, i wouldn't use it to make a blanket statement like "even ricter doesn't support obama."

3) I don't know what it is, enlighten me.

#21     Jul 9, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

In your own words please describe your posts here on ET.

#22     Jul 9, 2013
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Go ahead and quote me on this so mr. Orlando beach can read it. In his #2 reply, I complained about Bush who I voted for twice. He was a mess imo. I did, however, have no choice. I sadly had to vote semi-bad vs totally bad the last two decades... As far as Ocommunist, I don't see how anyone who's short of a lunatic, or on free food could vote for him.

There are 97,000,000 people in the US working full time. There's 100,000,000+ NOT working, and receiving "free shit." And yep, the welfare recipients are allowed to vote; voting 99% for democrats who "provide" the free shit... We've officially lost America. Only way to get her back now, IMO is a revolt.:(

#23     Jul 9, 2013
    #24     Jul 9, 2013
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Cowardly cop out. If you believe in something, you believe in it. If you are against something Obama did, then you should be against it because you believe in the opposite of what was done.

For someone who always laughs about how nothing on this forum matters, you are remarkably concerned on how it will look if you don't support "your team".

We'd have a little more respect for you if you were a man of principles, standing on them regardless of which party disrespects them. Instead, we see you for what you are, a troll who - like AK47 - has one soul purpose on this forum, and that is to cause conflict whenever someone insults something the left has done.

#25     Jul 10, 2013
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This is a perfect example of what I mean. When was the last time you here anyone on the left go "ya know, the choice between Obama and Romney was bad and worse. I have a lot of issues with Obama, but at least he followed some of the beliefs I support, whereas Romney supported none."

Never. They'll support Obama no matter what he does, because they think that by giving an inch on their side, it compromises the "team", instead of being focused on being a person of principle.

I can disagree all day long with an ideologue on the left, but as long as I know they truly believe in their positions, I have to respect them for standing up for something they believe in. How do I learn that they truly believe in what they are saying? Because they sometimes speak out against their side as well, when it goes too far. No one but propaganda spewing trolls believe in their party 100% of the time.

#26     Jul 10, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Probably going to be the post of the day.

#27     Jul 10, 2013
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I said almost exactly that to Cap'n Obvious more than once. Why vote for a guy who shares none of your values but is potentially very effective, instead of voting for a guy who shares many of your values but is not effective enough to achieve most of them?

#28     Jul 10, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

OH, Tsing! You are labeling me as a 99% troll. :(

There is very little that I agree with liberals on. Only a few times have I ever said I agree with an Obama policy or that of any other Democratic leader. Manchin is one of the few who are sane IMHO. Usually the closest I get is conflicted on some policy a Democrat proposes and therefore make no comment.

True, there are those who ignore their own inner beliefs to support a politician or party on every policy and those are the true trolls. But you need to put some wiggle room in there for staunch believers in certain policy trains.

Do I agree with all the policies Republicans support. No, of course not. But sometimes I will turn a blind eye if the transgression from my personal belief is not egregious. I think all of us do that from time to time.

Do I post stories (true stories) that point out serious faults with individual Democrats and post true stories that embellish Republicans? Absolutely. I don't like the political side of Democrats. That said, some of my best friends are Democrats. But we know not to talk much about politics with each other, other than the occasional jab, because there is much more to life in America. I guess that's why we, Americans, can be feverent about a sports team but we don't go around attacking and killing the other team's fans when we lose like happens regularly at soccer games in other countries. (Go Huskers!) :D

#29     Jul 10, 2013
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

How am I labeling you anything? The fact that you don't agree with all policies Republicans support - and that you admit this openly - means you're not a troll.

AK, Ricter and RCG are really the only ones who never, ever deviate from party support, and even go a step further and try to defend stupid behavior from their party. Just look back on this thread - Ricter avoided addressing/answering that challenge completely.

#30     Jul 10, 2013