U.K. Regulator Warns Crypto Investors Risk Losing ‘All Their Money’

Discussion in 'Economics' started by themickey, Jan 11, 2021.

1. themickey

themickey

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

People holding fiat money are taking a risk that central bankers know what they are doing!

3. themickey

themickey

Yeah but like a frog in a pot of water on the fire, it's not quite as bad. :)

cobco and d08 like this.
  4. d08

d08

Imagine saying "yeah, USD is down 12% today, no biggie". Fiat is backed by the countries, what about crypto?

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

The countries are expanding their money supplies. 75% of all dollars in circulation have been created since 2009. Is that a store of value?

johnarb likes this.
  6. d08

d08

It's poor, yes, but far more stable than any crypto as of the moment. IF cryptos become widely used and stable, I'm all for them. Thing is, I don't see this happening, it's always from one crisis to another.

7. narafa

narafa

Everyone thought that real-estate is a very safe investment (Including the large investment banks and almost all the investment community) only to discover that it is not.

Bubbles can be created around any investment vehicle if you provide enough liquidity/leverage and the needed financial engineering, crypto is no exception.

The notion of "being prepared to lose 100% of your investment" is really ironic & makes me laugh, because the major investment banks lost ten times more than their investments in 2008/2009.

But anyway, it's good that they sent the warning, tells a lot about the health of the market.

cobco and piezoe like this.
  8. ZBZB

ZBZB

9. ZBZB

ZBZB

Central bank digital currencies CBDC are coming in 2022. Automated tax collection, negative rates for savers, positive rates for favoured groups, stimulus money that disappears if not spent in 90 days, all programmed centrally not on a blockchain.

10. ZBZB

ZBZB

Funny, they are not saying it is hard money!

#10     Jan 11, 2021
    johnarb likes this.