typing speed test

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 28, 2002.

1. same thing happened to me

#11     Nov 28, 2002
  2. dude, you must be superhuman. i thought i was going to be unbeatable. :mad:

#12     Nov 28, 2002
  3. too bad this has nothing to do with trading; otherwise, I'd be the man :)

#13     Nov 29, 2002
  4. I got: 52, 41

(but i shouldn't be driving right now either :D )

Here are a couple snippets of what I typed that may have hidden subconcious messages in them. (highlighted in bold)..

You are about to embark on a new carrer that is both challenging and re2arding. Your ability to type as gast as possible will be an impotent aspect of your success

:(

#14     Nov 29, 2002
  5. shouldn't be driving huh? sounds like you're having fun :)

#15     Nov 29, 2002
  6. rs7

rs7

Man, you guys can turn it on! I can only get in the 30's. I guess I should never be driving:)

Makes me wonder. Did you guys learn to type, or did you just grow up with keyboads? I took a typing class in junior high. They had the keys covered or unmarked or something so looking would not help.

My kids just type fast because they grew up with computers and never learned the "right way" to type. Just the fast way. Lots of Instant Messenging.

What about you guys with the flying fingers?

Maybe typewriters are just slower than word processors too.....seems like it to me.

Peace,
    :)rs7

#16     Nov 29, 2002
  7. I took typing class in 7th grade. The first portion of class we'd have to type a pre-selected page. It was kinda nice watching people working on their half page while I went back of the class for my 2nd.. sometimes 3rd sheet of paper :)

I guess once I developed muscle memory, I just let it flow.

I was a bit surprised with my score because I normally type a lot slower. Or is it I think slower than I type... lol

Andy

#17     Nov 29, 2002
  8. i took a typing class in school around the 6-8th grade area. at the time i didn't really like it because i wasn't using computers much. i would only use a typewriter if i had to for school.

however, a little later i started getting into computers. my first good computer was a 386/33. around this time, i think dos 5.0 was my operating system, and my modem was a 2400. anyway, as i started using my computer more and more, the typing classes i took started to help out. as time went on, i started to type correctly, faster and faster.

so, it was a combination of both. yes, i learned to type, but it didn't really mean much until i started using a keyboard a lot.

#18     Nov 29, 2002
  9. typing became useful for me in high school. A friend of mine couldn't go out unless his homework was done first. I would help out with his papers. Watching him type made me go crazy. He'd scan the keyboard with his finger, and I'd notice our time left for partying was diminishing. I'd jump in and save the day, lol. Ahh... those were good times. :)

#19     Nov 29, 2002
  10. I did a CTRL-C and a CTRL-V and waited 58 seconds and got a perfect 135/135.

#20     Nov 29, 2002