typing speed test

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 28, 2002.

1. opm8

opm8

78, 72 at 1:40 AM (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). :p

--opm8

2. Oh well, if my trading blows up I wouldn't be able to become a secretary, that's for sure!

Gross Words Per Minute (GWPM): 62
    Net Words Per Minute (NWPM): 61

3. bronks

bronks

Crap> 24/23. Oh well. At least I only got one wrong.

What's a good average supposed to be, anyway?

I SUCK (at typing)

4. Post your trades!!!

5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Don't feel bad....I thought I typed quickly and it was only 18 wpm no errors.....34 wpm with a TON of them....
    Gee my typing teacher would be disappointed:(

6. oh my...

Gross Words Per Minute (GWPM): 96
    Net Words Per Minute (NWPM): 94

I didn't expect to do that well. I think I can do triple digits... :)

Andy

7. Gross Words Per Minute (GWPM): 103
    Net Words Per Minute (NWPM): 99

Damm... this is kinda fun.

8. Gross Words Per Minute (GWPM): 107
    Net Words Per Minute (NWPM): 106

8th try... that's good enough

9. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gross Words Per Minute (GWPM): 107
    Net Words Per Minute (NWPM): 106
    Test Text
    You are about to embark on a new career that is both challenging and rewarding. Your ability to type as fast as possible will be an important aspect of your success. A good way to help ensure this success is to make the keyboard your friend. You will spend many long hours, just you and your keyboard, in the future, and for these hours to be tolerable they have to be enjoyable. Consider your keyboard an invaluable tool that requires persistence and patience to master. As a vitally important tool of your trade it needs to be treated with respect; don't make it the recipient of your frustrations. The more at ease you are with your keyboard, the more successful you will be.

Typed Text
    You are about to embark on a new career that is both challenging and rewarding. Your ability to type as fast as possible will be an important aspect of your success. A good way to help ensure this success is to make the keyboard your friend. You will spend many long hours, just you and your keyboard, in the future, and for these hours to be tolerable they have to be enjoyable. Consider your keyboard an invaluable tool that requires persistence and patience to master. As a vitally important tool of your trade it needs to be tr

I didn't even get to finish the last word... and it counted it as wrong. That's jacked up. I should have got a 100% Those bastards!

#10     Nov 28, 2002