Typical EliteTrader's users ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jacksmith, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Hi, All:

Just curious about the typical profiles of EilteTrader's users ?

Are you:

A: An amateur individual investor
    B: A professional investor working for a firm
    C: Not an active investor
    D: Non Of Above

If answer is D, then what do you do ?

Thanks.

2. heech

heech

That pretty much nails me, actually.

I'm an independent trading my own account, but with a successful business/career that gives me time + opportunity + capital to explore this.

About 10 years ago... I was just out of college, and like many of the hot-shot daytraders who still storm into the "Trader" forum claiming it should be easy to make 5-10% a month/week/day. I was using MBT way back then, too. I started off with $20k of borrowed money, and lost about 60% of that within 6 months. Tuition paid.

Now I'm back after making my fortune in the "real" world, and I (hope) wiser about the trading world. I'm not day-trading, and instead am automating a multi-day statistical arb strategy.

3. You should have made a Survey if you really want to get a good representative of the board.

Most guys are amature to semi-pro, most of the real pros headed for the hills a while back.

4. Banff01

Banff01

This board is mostly for traders hence the word "Trader" in its name. :) I guess you'll need to add that category or you should be asking that question on a different forum.

5. Option A, and a finance student.

6. One thing is for sure, real traders have never heard of this forum:D

7. Surdo

Surdo

You could have at least set it up as a poll dipshit!

8. OMG!!

People are so friendly here.

For me, anyway....Amateur with another job, intend to slowly move to trading for primary income.

9. Surdo

Surdo

If you need a friend get a dog!

10. nkhoi

nkhoi

actually it's quite the opposite.

#10     Mar 25, 2009