Typical Americans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 18, 2009.

1. When they start calling it the Law of Evolution then you can
    argue that it claims to be irrefutible. In the mean time its a whole lot more rational than the Bible. And don't use agnostic arguments to attempt to support the myths in the Bible.
    As a theory theres a trail of evidence it presumes to follow; a superior model for kids to adopt as a how to think model.

#21     Sep 18, 2009
  2. ok i am game. lets do a test for god. first lets look at what the bible tells us as a basis for the test. In Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

in Mark 11:24: it says:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

with these promises in mind lets do a test. lets get every believer in the world down on their knees and pray to God in this way:
    Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

what do you think will happen? i think nothing will happen. how about you?

#22     Sep 18, 2009
  3. stu

stu

Fruit flies are one such example. They evolve in the laboratory. Evolution is predicted and observed.

Wrong answer.

Yes is the correct answer.
    Do you think making incorrect statements about science means god is more real and somehow less to do with imagination?

Rubbish. You "Typical American" you.

Price's Equation is the mathematical representation of evolution too, elegantly demonstrates all circumstances.

Now please show me the "empirical evidence" of god.

Anyone ever observed something called God? No.
    Any mathematical evidence of god? No.

The best they can do is take a bunch of ramblings from some hallucinating Jewish hippies , call it a bible and SAY it means anything at all to us without any real evidence .

You are without any empirical or mathematical balls and only pretend you have one called god, my friend.

#23     Sep 19, 2009
  4. Tresor

Tresor

Universe according to peilthetraveler attached :p

#24     Sep 19, 2009
  5. ok, you do the test I told you to do first, then we will pray for cancer. Deal?

#25     Sep 19, 2009
  6. Adaption & evolution are not the same thing.

Do you think making incorrect statements about God means evolution is moree real and somehow less to do with imagination?

People that have observed God? Adam, Moses, the 12 apostles and thousands of others.

Mathmatical evidence of God? Yes http://www.wsmv.com/news/13358825/detail.html

Mathmatical impossibility of Evolution

http://www.icr.org/article/493/

#26     Sep 19, 2009
  7. stu

stu

They evolve through genetic change and so Evolution is observed. Not talking about adaptation.
    more observed Evolution
    By making incorrect statements about science and evolution it appears as if you assume that would somehow make your imaginary god a little more real.
    On the other hand, there can be no incorrect statements about things like God, which is only ever imaginary, mythical and personal.

Fictional characters in a story book don't count. No one ever observes god. You can however unlike god, observe Evolution.

The aggregation of faulty reasoning based on unfounded assumption is not mathematics.
    Pseudo-science formed on defective argument is not science.

Making incorrect statements about science and evolution does not make imaginary God a little more real.
    Having no evidence and no proof for God, is not evidence nor proof of God.

However Math does confirm Evolution. Price's Equation.
    So do fruit flies.
    Bacteria too.

#27     Sep 19, 2009