Typical Americans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Ever see Australian or UK or German TV. This same shtick that they borrowed is on every afternoon.

#11     Sep 18, 2009
  2. i believe everything popped up from natural forces. you believe that some deity made it all 6000 years ago by magic. which position is the educated position?

here is a better discription. note the words "facts, empirical evidence". the very thing your belief is lacking.
    willful ignorance 94 up, 33 down
    (noun)
    The practice or act of intentional and blatant avoidance, disregard or disagreement with facts, empirical evidence and well-founded arguements because they oppose or contradict your own existing personal beliefs.

This practice is most commonly found in the political or religious ideologies of "conservative" Americans.

#12     Sep 18, 2009
  3. Nice try:D :D :D :D :D

#13     Sep 18, 2009
  4. Ok..let's play. What exactly do you want to talk about?

#14     Sep 18, 2009
  5. wudderyou a doctor of?

#15     Sep 18, 2009
  6. What the hell kind of English is that....? I'm not a Dr. I'm a trader do I have say this yet again?

BTW: what was is it that you wanted to talk about again?

#16     Sep 18, 2009
  7. Leno once asked some kid, "what does the DC in Washington DC stand for" ... I can't believe this wasn't staged but the reply was,
    "Da Capital".

#17     Sep 18, 2009
  8. Eight

Eight

Oh my yes, concede the intellectual high ground to the evolution believers... right away.. increase their funding Obama...

The textbook says that the Geologic Column is calibrated by the Strata.. then on some other page it says the Strata is calibrated by the Geologic Column.. but the definition of calibration is "comparison to a known standard"... so basically what do we have that could serve as a known standard? Scientific measurements!! Of course.. so what does "science" do? They throw out readings [80% of all readings btw] that don't agree with their preconceived notions derived from circular reasoning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining, all you "science" wonder folk... if somebody wants to believe that God made the universe 6000 years ago they don't owe anybody any apologies for lack of intellect, maybe the same cannot be said about those that believe that "macroevolution explanation" above...

Circular reasoning will get you an F in Philosophy but an A in the Geology department.. why is that?

Personally I believe that time started out a whole lot faster and has slowed exponentially ever since.. measurements of the speed of light were slowing over just the decades before the Cesium clock was introduced... after that the measurements were stable because the clock is slowing at the same rate as time... that idea accommodates a little of the reasoning from the "science" people, not that I really care to accommodate them much at all considering the shit they use for reasoning...

I'd like to replicate Maxwell's methods of measuring the speed of light to see what it is now... he had it a little faster than the current "scientific" measurements... which also involve circular reasoning of a higher order.. what a joke...

#18     Sep 18, 2009
  9. Romper Room.

#19     Sep 18, 2009
  10. Ok...so you believe in "the force" (how very Star Wars of you) and I believe in God.

What does Empirical mean anyway? Oh heres the definition "depending upon experience or observation alone, without using scientific method or theory" Also " provable or verifiable by experience or experiment"(from dictionary.com)

So please show me the "empirical evidence" of evolution. Anyone ever observed something Evolve? No. The best they can do is take a bunch of skulls from similar, but different monkeys and SAY they are related to us without any real evidence .

Now please show me how the big bang has been observed...oh that right...it hasnt.

The bible says there is an experiment that you can do to prove the existance of God.
    Deuteronomy 4:29 But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul.
    and Jerimiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Heres your big chance to see if its true now. But you wont, will you? Because you "know" its not so why do some silly experiment. (which is what I call willful ignorance)

The ball is in your court, my friend.

#20     Sep 18, 2009