Types of traders here..... where do you stand??? Dare to find out?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by lilduckling, Jul 6, 2008.

1. i'm a group a trader. I make money at FXCM. its not even a lot, but to be able to beat those fucking theives at their own game. Trying to hit my fucking stops, or randomly increasing spreads.

I AM group A

I am fucking AWESOME

#41     Nov 14, 2008
  2. ps0013

ps0013

lots of wanna"B"s on this site...

#42     Nov 14, 2008
  3. So what group do stock_turd3r, Port, Arealpissedgoy, and buylosellhi belong to?

#43     Nov 15, 2008
  4. I'm a Group D'er. Damn, the truth hurts. :(

#44     Nov 15, 2008
  5. I'm in group D, but soon will be in group A.

forex-forex
    -----------------
    From group D to group A in one step. :)

#45     Nov 15, 2008
  6. Baudot

Baudot

In my first post I'd like to give a very hearty thanks to lilduckling for helping me see where I stood.

I read this several months ago and it really put this game into a new perspective.

In my trading I've ridden many good trades up and then back down to even lower levels. That is soooooo frustrating.

In January 2009 I started with a more disciplined strategy. I have a modest and specific goal and religiously track progress and when it isn't working, I exit.

The number one change in my behaviour is to dump a losing position early and number two is to take profits before the next plunge.

Anyway, many many thanks to those who provide some great advice.

Eric

#46     Feb 11, 2009
  7. Mr J

Mr J

Percentage is irrelevent. Good capital management is necessary to survive the longrun, but even more essential is to simply make +ev trades, i.e. to have an edge. Everyone will say they have an edge, but most don't actually know what that even means.

#47     Feb 11, 2009