Types of traders here..... where do you stand??? Dare to find out?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by lilduckling, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Have to disagree on the "penniless" part of the above statement.

I am not penniless, I just checked my trading account, it still has $1258. Well, if you take $10 away for this month's fee, I still have $1248. :p

If I put half of this week's wages into the account, it will be $1448. Talking about wages, I need to talk to the manager about a pay raise. I have been stocking shelves for over 3 years. Did I tell you I was once Employee of the Month? That was something. My fellow worker Natasha was very jealous. :D

#21     Jul 10, 2008
  2. HPT

HPT

great post.

#22     Jul 10, 2008
  3. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

One of the best analysis I have seen, I will say from a long time in the business I think this is pretty spot on. Good analysis and post, whatever group you are in you just moved up one. :)

#23     Jul 10, 2008
  4. Ashley

Ashley

great post..very informative.

#24     Jul 10, 2008
  5. Totally agree. 99% of the ET posters are losers.

#25     Jul 11, 2008
  6. Thanks

#26     Jul 17, 2008
  7. Joab

Joab

I find that putting people into boxes or categories never a good idea.

Yes as a Scorpio I have traits explained in the theory BUT I also have other traits of other signs.

People are very diverse and very adaptable and most significant, people are always changing.

Interesting theory duck but I think we all cross many of those lines.

#27     Jul 17, 2008
  8. Well, to be quite frank, about 99% of all traders are not profitable,

It is like that at any prop trading firm you visit, from 1 to up to 5% of the people will be profitable,

That is a very interesting breakdown and post, thank you for sharing your wisdom!

My guess as to how you came up with the criteria is it is from personal experience?

I think that just like black belts in karate, profitable traders have been from the very bottom.

Oh and by the way, I know many traders who don't "Sell themselves" as you suggest as an "A" group person.

These are people who rake in $100,000 to $500,000 a month and could really care less about selling books or services.

-Hedgefund Jim

#28     Jul 25, 2008
  9. Very well said Jim.

And yes I been a resident of several of the named groups throughout the last 6 years.

#29     Jul 30, 2008
  10. I am E
    I am now applying for a position at DHS or TSA

#30     Jul 31, 2008