Type the word: Jew - into google.com

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TorontoTrader2, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Look at the first result.

2-3% of the world's population get their own link?

Why don't we have the freedom to make our own observations about why the world is the way it is, without being censored.

I guess I'm just a stupid gentile breeder, I need to be re-educated.

http://www.google.com/explanation.html

Sponsored LinkOffensive Search Results

www.google.com/explanation We're disturbed about these results as well. Please read our note here.

An explanation of our search results.

If you recently used Google to search for the word "Jew," you may have seen results that were very disturbing. We assure you that the views expressed by the sites in your results are not in any way endorsed by Google. We'd like to explain why you're seeing these results when you conduct this search.

A site's ranking in Google's search results relies heavily on computer algorithms using thousands of factors to calculate a page's relevance to a given query. Sometimes subtleties of language cause anomalies to appear that cannot be predicted. A search for "Jew" brings up one such unexpected result.

If you use Google to search for "Judaism," "Jewish" or "Jewish people," the results are informative and relevant. So why is a search for "Jew" different? One reason is that the word "Jew" is often used in an anti-Semitic context. Jewish organizations are more likely to use the word "Jewish" when talking about members of their faith. The word has become somewhat charged linguistically, as noted on websites devoted to Jewish topics such as these:

2. I noticed that just the other day. I also typed in the N word, no explanation. But that's all right, there is so much more filith which showed up as Google's top results for "Jew" than other words.

BTW stop tring to bait, Toronto. I know you're depressed about paying all those high taxes and living in a concrete shithole, but that's no reason to take it out on Google or the Jewish.

3. hughb

hughb

I got that note in google when I was searching some word that had "ju" in it, it wasn't even realted to judaism or jews. I can't remember what I was searching though.

4. It’s Jews World and we just live in it.
    Love it or move out

5. Judging by some of your posts, it a "bigot's" world as well.....

and my choice is to provide a little verbal ass kicking when I want some entertainment..

Don't let me stop you from continuing to make a fool of yourself...there's not much on TV this evening.

6. Bow to East

7. It is a good thing that Google includes some statements about offensive words. If it is not generalized to all offensive words, then Google should generalize it.

8. exactly.

I mean, we are allowed to throw around the terms like "r_ghead, or sand n__ger", affecting a large chunk of the world's population. But 2-3% have special rules?

As the saying goes, Never Again! (unless you're a Palestinian)

We can slaughter arabs at will and quite profitably, but no no no on this:

More than 30 examples of anti-Semitism at European soccer matches are highlighted in a new report into anti-Semitic incidents in European soccer to be presented by British MP John Mann at a forum in Jerusalem on Sunday.

Mann, a Labor MP who chairs the all-party parliamentary group against anti-Semitism, wrote in the report that "the oldest hatred - anti-Semitism - continues to rear its ugly head in football."

The report, entitled "Anti-Semitism in football - a scar on the beautiful game," was written by Mann along with English activist Jonny Cohen and will be presented at the Global Forum against Anti-Semitism

9. TraderZone

TraderZone Guest

BAGHDAD - A suicide bomber struck Shiite pilgrims Sunday as they were taking a break during the days-long walk to a Shiite shrine south of Baghdad for a major religious gathering, killing some 40 people and wounding 60.