TY Trading - Ten Year Notes

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by downrivertrader, Feb 28, 2008.

1. I saw your PM. You asked a lot of questions. Give me the weekend and I will respond.

#11     Feb 29, 2008
  2. I do not really think of it as a time frame. If you need to categorize it, call it a position trade. I trade from one level to the next. If it takes 5 min or 3 days or a week. I trade about 2-3 positions a week on average.

The charts I watch are 60M for my entries, exits.

#12     Feb 29, 2008
  3. I am not going to make any more posts about the Mar contract after this one. Just to follow up on previous posts.

Exiting Longs at 118'3

Setting Shorts at 118'3.

#13     Feb 29, 2008
  4. DblArrow

DblArrow

Thanks, just kinda curious as to what others in the market are looking at.

#14     Feb 29, 2008
  5. hey guys...when trading the 10 year note(electronic)...is it a must to keep abreast of what the ES is doing...OR...solely focus on the 10 year if that is what you are trading and forget the ES...etc...just want to know what you think as to the value of playing the 10 year off the ES etc....thanks...

#15     Mar 5, 2008
  6. DblArrow

DblArrow

Here is an exercise in developing your own thought processes - What do you think?

Do you see any positive corelation? any negative corelation?

Not trying to be a jerk here - but the idea is to see what you can develop from this. That is the same answer I would give my kids - teach them to develop their own thinking abilities.

That being said I keep a chart of the ES running to see where it is headed during the day. I don't use it to make trade decisions on the ZN but gives an idea of what the market is feeling.

#16     Mar 5, 2008