TWTR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by SoesWasBetter, Jan 29, 2018.

1. jharmon

jharmon

Stills seems to be the case: Dealmaker appears to be just a post-a-link-plus-one-paragraph account? Perhaps posting in the bias of the trader?

#41     Nov 9, 2019
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

Twitter Cull

Twitter's user numbers are about to become more realistic, after the firm announced an imminent cull of inactive accounts—including those belonging to the deceased. So expect follower counts to go down and long-blocked usernames to become available. And if you're a user who hasn't logged in for the last six months but nonetheless wants to hang onto your username, look out for an email from Twitter telling you to use it or lose it. BBC

#42     Nov 27, 2019
  3. Tent

Tent

I see Twitter cull as quite positive development. At least they will end up with real number of users so the investors will have better picture of user potential for this company

#43     Dec 16, 2019
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

6. dealmaker

dealmaker

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Twitter added deep-learning expert Fei-Fei Li to the company's board of directors. Li, a co-director of Stanford University's Human-Centered AI Institute, oversaw the milestone ImageNet computer-vision contest that helped spur a renaissance in deep learning. She was also previously the chief scientist of A.I. and machine learning at Google, but left shortly after news organizations started reporting on Google's internal struggles over potential A.I. projects with the Pentagon.

#47     May 13, 2020
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

WFH

Twitter will allow its employees to work from home indefinitely, even post-lockdown, unless their jobs require a physical presence. A few other companies such as Nationwide have made similar moves. In Twitter's case, the company does not expect its offices to reopen until September anyway. Buzzfeed

#48     May 13, 2020
  9. RGLD

RGLD

Why is this thread from May 13th and nobody is renewing it? Big talk about TWTR right now between Twitter losing it's 230 privileges.

Why is Twitter even up today? I know it's just an executive order from Trump, but doesn't seem like it'll freak investors out? If Trump's order goes through, Twitter will get lawsuits up the A from everywhere.

#49     Jun 1, 2020
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

Chinese disinformation

Twitter has removed over 170,000 China-linked accounts that have been spreading disinformation about Hong Kong, Taiwan and China's response to the coronavirus outbreak. Security analysts say Beijing's online disinformation tactics are starting to resemble those of Moscow. Twitter said the accounts "were largely caught early and failed to achieve considerable traction on the service, typically holding low follower accounts and low engagement." China's response? It said Twitter should remove accounts that smear China. CNBC

#50     Jun 12, 2020