TWTR <-- Dead Meat

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kmiklas, Jan 11, 2021.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

Imagine Wechat banning Xi Jinping O.O

#41     Jan 11, 2021
  2. themickey

themickey

Oh, such stupid comparisons. The CCP control the media in China.

#42     Jan 11, 2021
  3. cesfx

cesfx

I can't, because I don't see Xi Jingping using it, or breaking the terms by being aggressive with anyone who disagree... Or inciting a riot against the party on any social media.

#43     Jan 11, 2021
  4. Girija

Girija

The difference being Obama and others u mentioned don't call their followers to overthrow. What if the cop that was smashed on the head was your son or father.
    Deplatforming was the absolute right thing. If I had the powers I would cut him off from everything like bank acct, credit card everything and let him be a pariah.
    If that helps me and my husband have always voted for GOP. I would nolonger do it unless those that are culpable are punished.

#44     Jan 11, 2021
    VPhantom and Cuddles like this.
  5. But why would he be? Unlike Trump and his goons.

#45     Jan 11, 2021
  6. kmiklas

kmiklas

Can you please reference this "call to overthrow?" What exactly did President Trump say/tweet that was interpreted as such?

#46     Jan 11, 2021
  7. Have you been in a coma? Welcome back.

#47     Jan 11, 2021
  8. Sig

Sig

So this is the place where the mental disconnect is just so massive that it's hard to believe it can exist. Let's say we get rid of Section 230, make everyone a publisher. How does that force them to publish content by someone who breaks their user agreement again? Does Fox, a publisher, have to let me show up on prime time and give a 30 minute dissertation on why the Right is wrong? Absolutely not, they can tell me to go pound sand. Can I sue them when they tell me that? No, I would have no grounds to do so.

Why do you think making TWTR a publisher solves the "problem" you see of them deciding who can and can't "publish" on TWTR? I can't sue Fox for not letting me on for my dissertation, why would Trump et al magically be able to "sue Twitter into oblivion"? What law would TWTR be liable under?

In fact, repealing Section 230 would require TWTR to review every single tweet to make sure it didn't run afoul of any law before it could be posted, which would result in massively more censorship, not less. And in reality, since it's an impossible task for any online forum to ensure nothing posted on the forum violates a law, every forum, including this one, would simply close down. If that's what you want, great. Funny for you to be using a forum that your actions would shut down to scream about why we should take those actions though, don't you think? That's assuming you did think through the consequences of doing what you advocate?

#48     Jan 11, 2021
    VPhantom, Overnight and Cuddles like this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

You be your own judge...

#49     Jan 11, 2021
  10. zghorner

zghorner

What you label a "call to overthrow":

“Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer. And we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. And we’re going to have to fight much harder. …

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

CNN loves you.

#50     Jan 11, 2021
    Relentless likes this.