TWTR <-- Dead Meat

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kmiklas, Jan 11, 2021.

1. May as well print out your own response and tape it to your mirror. Unnecessary step though as you certainly have already realized such.

By the way how are the rest of the sheep?

#21     Jan 11, 2021
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Once again, the 1st amendment and "freedom of speech" have nothing to do with Twitter, or Facebook, or countless other private companies. It simply DOES NOT APPLY. You are correct, there is no right or wrong. There is an "End-User License Agreement", which I alluded to earlier as the EULA, which you agree to. You break the rules, you suffer the consequences.

#22     Jan 11, 2021
    VPhantom, Apologetik, slugar and 2 others like this.
  3. It is their(TWTR) right to do asshole things, but then they(the mother fuckers) should be regulated as publishers and be able to sue them into oblivion.

#23     Jan 11, 2021
  4. I don't like Trump and did not vote for him in either election. So go fuck yourself.

Stop pretending you understand what it's like to live in the U.S. and how things actually operate here when you don't.

#24     Jan 11, 2021
  5. kmiklas

kmiklas

You do understand that this is the President of the United States... Commander and Chief of the United States Military. This is not some kid posting on Twitter at 2am! It's a real insult to all political leaders, and to the Office itself.

A bold move by a Corporation, you must admit. Censoring and silencing the leader of the land.

Perhaps this is part of the message... a demonstration of just how powerful corporations are in this country.

#25     Jan 11, 2021
    misterkel and zghorner like this.
  6. themickey

themickey

Twitter would be aware that banning Trump would have a huge financial impact on their revenue, but Twitter had morals above profit this time.

#26     Jan 11, 2021
    slugar likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

We'll let the "Commander and Chief" thing slide...

It doesn't matter who it is. It could be Mother Teresa. Who cares? He finally went too far against the rules Twitter laid out in the EULA, and so he may no longer post there.

He can always use his billions to create his own instant messaging service, and be free from "the corporations", and post what he pleases.

#27     Jan 11, 2021
  8. kmiklas

kmiklas

Again, this is not about T, his policies, morality, my opinion of them your yours.

It is about free speech: a U.S. corporation silencing and censoring its elected President and Leader.

Imagine Wechat banning Xi Jinping!

#28     Jan 11, 2021
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

TWTR was going to lose a ton of traffic with the guy gone on the 20th anyway, may as well pull the band aid off now before they're accomplices to more corpses via his terrorism.

#29     Jan 11, 2021
  10. Yes. Censoring anyone and everything that you don't agree with - and doing so in such a way to frame false narratives to achieve nefarious movements is definitely the equivalent of having morals.

Good call. :thumbsup:

Lol at the people in this thread. I guess TDS is a thing... And I don't even support the guy.

Unreal.

#30     Jan 11, 2021
    ffs1001 and zghorner like this.