TWSStart can't find jfreechart.jar and jcommon.jar

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by richardyu301, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I have just upgraded my TWS (version 891.5) and I get below errors when I try to run TWSStart:
    "Fatal Error: one of the following jar files is missing from the classpath: jfreechart-1.0.0.jar jcommon-1.0.12.jar"

Anyway, I have already set the TWS path in TWSStart but somehow these 2 jar files can't be found when I run the program.

I am able to run the new TWS when I use the TWS shortcut directly (I will then need to enter the username/password by hand).

Would somoneone pls advise what I should do?

2. Richard,

Look under Configuration in TWSStart for Java Setting. I think you needed to add the new jar files into the classpath. Here's what I have:

jts.jar;pluginsupport.jar;hsqldb.jar;jcommon-1.0.12.jar;jfreechart-1.0.9.jar;jhall.jar;other.jar;riskfeed.jar;rss.jar

I'm on 889.4. You can check you TWS icon properties to see if the arguments have changed.

3. Thank you...

I have written to BeeJay (author of TWSStart) and he has helped me solve the issue too. It is same as what you suggested... it can be solved by entering the right infopath value.