TWS works well with Linux?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GloriaBrown, Jun 30, 2019.

1. On Ubuntu, I organized the TWS windows (charts, trades/orders, etc) and saved setting. All windows appear as fine but there is one (orders/trades) that always appears in the "wrong" place everytime. Any idea how to correct it?

#51     Jul 11, 2019
  2. I get similar glitches sometimes. I had the bigger of my monitors set up with 8 chart windows and one mysteriously came up missing. Then I started paper trading, or trying to, and TWS would not send my orders, kept throwing an invalid entry time error or something like that. It might have something to do with the line feeds being different for WinDOHs. I run Ubuntu of course. One thing you can do is to explicitly safe your settings. Save to a custom directory in your Home directory. I name mine yyyymmddhhmm-Live or yyyymmddhhmm-Paper. Seems to work better than taking the default file name in the default directory. I had no such issues when I was just running one chart window. I am now running with 8 charts on my big monitor and 1 to 4 on my small one. That is a lot of computing on a little old Dell Optiplex. I could also be having undervoltage issues as I am running a GeForce graphics card but PSU is only 240w. Fixing that probably this weekend.

I think if you explicitly save and call your settings restore file you will see your problem go away. Or maybe not.

#52     Jul 11, 2019