TWS works well with Linux?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by GloriaBrown, Jun 30, 2019.

1. You idiots. You are off topic.

Sorry. Herd mentality.

#41     Jul 4, 2019
  2. ... and exactly 7 posts for a generic IT query to turn into a language war.

GAT

#42     Jul 5, 2019
    d08 and tommcginnis like this.
  3. Calculation complicate enough to run for minutes even with 10 cores or more.

#43     Jul 7, 2019
  4. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Yes. GPUs have 1000s of "core". I and others use them as a part of our regular work flow

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    #44     Jul 7, 2019
  5. AI stuff so using gpu is faster than cpu?

#45     Jul 7, 2019
  6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Anything involving batch calculations or high dimensional linear algebra typically runs faster on gpu

#46     Jul 8, 2019
  7. ph1l

ph1l

That's true if the software is coded to take advantage of one or more GPUs.

TWS itself probably doesn't support GPUs. But it's likely possible to use TWS and write software that does use GPUs for some calculations.

#47     Jul 8, 2019
  8. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

Has nothing to do with TWS being coded to support GPU. You can write your source code to use GPU easily. No matter the software, the data has be moved from the tcp buffer to RAM, and than to GPU, and back again.
    I dont know of (haven't looked for) any mechanism that reads a tcp buffer directly into cuda memory. The questions becomes if using the gpu is advantageous...for smaller models, it wont be during real-time execution due to the cpu to gpu to cpu overhead.

#48     Jul 8, 2019
  9. Try looking into PAC cards [Accelerator Functional Unit (AFU)] running on FPGAs.
    I can't talk much about it as I am currently developing the unit working for the manufacturer company.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    #49     Jul 8, 2019
  10. my IB Bloomberg TV is pitch-black on ubuntu. Which java package should I download?

#50     Jul 9, 2019