TWS with Multiple Monitors

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cwb1014, Oct 4, 2013.

1. cwb1014

cwb1014

Does TWS allow you to detach a window within it (for example, a chart window) and move just that window to another monitor? Or, instead, do you have to expand the entire TWS application window onto another monitor to get whatever window within the application you want onto another monitor?

Thanks in advance for any help here...

2. ofthomas

ofthomas

self explanatory, and you should give things a try before posting...

[​IMG]

3. cwb1014

cwb1014

Thanks for your reply, but, unfortunately, not self-explanatory and I don't have TWS installed to give it a try. I'm simply thinking of using it and the feature I'm referring to is very important to me in a multi-monitor environment.

How many monitors are being used to display the layout in your image?

Let's say that 1) there were another monitor to the right of the monitor(s) displaying your image (let's call it "Monitor R"), 2) Monitor R is attached to the same computer that the monitor(s) displaying your image are, and 3) you wanted to move just the chart that's in your image--nothing else--to Monitor R. Can that be done with TWS? It's called floating-window capability and I'm simply wondering whether TWS has it.

Thanks for any clarification you or anyone else can offer...

4. ofthomas

ofthomas

the answer is yes... the windows outside of the tws panel are "floating"...

lastly, download the demo and try it..

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1286

5. Cynthia refers to it as mosaic, and it behaves just like that. You can lock everything together, or you can separate however many of the dozen or more windows you end up with and plant them anywhere. I use 3 monitors and one time had many positions I was looking to exit so opened up a couple of charts and dragged them over to my spreadsheet monitor.

You can watch the webinar Introduction to TWS to see how it all works.

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/?f=2227&ib_entity=uk