TWS with IB Discussion

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by sandp500trader, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Sorry if this thread already exist, but I thought it would be nice to have a spot to talk about TWS, q and a type stuff, setups, apis, etc...

2. traider

traider

What's q?

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

A male-gendered omnipotent semi-being, who exists as one discernible facet of a continuum (known eponymously as The Q Continuum). I mean, right? :p

OMG -- I just googled.... and found,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(Star_Trek)
    Man.
    These Interwebs.
    They be somet'in'..... :D
    And, just to deep into the Geeky Sunday Nerddom Pool completely, my favorite....

MoreLeverage and JSOP like this.
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

trying ib controller and multicharts now.

5. JSOP

JSOP

LOL :D:D:D

tommcginnis likes this.
  6. JSOP

JSOP

IB sucks. TWS sucks. API is unreliable. Get out of there as soon as you can!!

7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Riiii-iiiiiight. And JSOP, haven't you been with 'em more than my 10-11 years?? :D

MoreLeverage likes this.
  8. JSOP

JSOP

No just 9 years. Thank God!!! And NEVER again and never again among my family and/or friends ever again!!! You should get out too!!! You won't discover how beautiful life is until you leave them. They are truly despicable!!

tommcginnis likes this.
  9. Millionaire

Millionaire

Who have you moved over to?
    What kind of APIs do they provide?

10. JSOP

JSOP

TOS and even though they don't provide API, you can program conditional orders to auto trade. It has its limitations but it's lot easier to implement. Their commissions for stock is flat rate. You can trade 10 million shares and it's still one price. Towards the end, IB was charging me $100+ commissions even though I was on tiered based and direct routing.

#10     Aug 12, 2018