TWS under RH-64 Linux

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nitro, Mar 8, 2005.

1. nitro

nitro

Dave,

See post right above this one...If you want me to run some find commands, I can do that. Otherwise, I will PM you my email.

nitro

#11     Mar 10, 2005
  2. OK, a couple of other ideas.

1. You can change the default look and feel for java on the command line. Make it something other than gtk and you might be able to get started.

2. Run under strace. Do a man strace for more info. Towards the end of the output you should be able to find the file name of the missing shared lib. Google for that and you should be able to find what you need.

#12     Mar 10, 2005
  3. nitro

nitro

Thanks,

I will give that a try.

nitro

#13     Mar 11, 2005
  4. Hi nitro,

I can't really say anything definite about 64-bit Linux (AMD). TWS runs fine with me on 32-bit Linux.

I know though that there has been considerable difficulty with getting Trolltech's QT 3.3.4 compiled under 64-bit Linux. (This info dates back from early February). Maybe you should try to hold off a bit on 64-bits. I think this is true for M$ as well. Things will fall in place if you give it a couple of more months.
    If you ask me, 32bits or 64bits will not make much difference, if any, for TWS.

Be good,
    nononsense

#14     Mar 11, 2005
  5. nitro

nitro

Hi nononsense,

Interesting tip about QT. I will keep that in mind.

nitro

#15     Mar 11, 2005
  6. Trev

Trev

Nitro,

Did you ever discover the solution to the
    "GtkMain": java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: gktInit error?

I am getting the same message when I try to run a java application, and it looks like java and gtk are installed correctly, and an strace didn't give me the name of the missing file.

Thanks,
    Trev

#16     Feb 27, 2006
  7. Just a guess ...

Are you running the 'right' java ? Try putting the full path of the Sun jdk java binary at the front of the command line eg

/home/myhome/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/java -cp jts.jar:jcommon-1.0.0.jar:jfreechart-1.0.0.jar:jhall.jar:wtf:ther.jar:rss.jar jclient.LoginFrame .

where /home/myhome/jdk1.5.0_06 is the installation directory for the jdk.

To find out which java you are running by default type

which java

#17     Feb 27, 2006
  8. Trev

Trev

It looks like I was pointing to the wrong version of java. I had a different version getting picked up in my path first, I corrected the problem, and now it works fine!

Best,
    Trev

#18     Feb 27, 2006