TWS takes nearly 4 minutes to load!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by schizo, Jul 6, 2010.

1. schizo

schizo

At the bottom of the TOS sign-in window, you can click on the "configure" button and change the memory to your liking. When I raised the memory (minimum usage) from 128 to 256, I noticed a improvement in the overall performance.

#11     Jul 6, 2010
  2. suggest you test with a clean config, or demo account to see if its not a corrupted file.

#12     Jul 6, 2010
  3. njrookie

njrookie

I have 2 IB accounts. One without charts it loads very fast. The other with 20 or so charts can take 2 minutes to load.

I changed RAM allocation to 1.5 GB and it helps a lot.

njrookie

#13     Jul 6, 2010
  4. thank you.

the biggest issue i have with TOS is during fast mkt's when the charts are very slow to load. hope this helps, but i think they need more /bigger servers

#14     Jul 6, 2010
  5. Holy hell. I just transfered accounts over last week. Am I in for a headache? What ever happened to simple?

#15     Jul 6, 2010
  6. schizo

schizo

Pardon my ignorance but how did you reallocate the RAM?

#16     Jul 7, 2010
  7. moarla

moarla

Win Xp
    latest TWS
    latest Java

no problem here

#17     Jul 7, 2010
  8. @scizo, Your default command line for TWS probably looks like this (mine is on Vista 64 bit):
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\javaw.exe -cp jts.jar;hsqldb.jar;jcommon-1.0.12.jar;jfreechart-1.0.9.jar;jhall.jar;other.jar;rss.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xmx512M jclient/LoginFrame C:\Jts

If you haven't already, download and install JDK (not JRE) from sun's website. You want 32 bit. Then change the TWS command line to something like (depending on where you install your brand new 32 bit JDK, and after keeping backup of current command line, of course):
    "c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\bin"\java -server -cp jts.jar;hsqldb.jar;jcommon-1.0.12.jar;jfreechart-1.0.9.jar;jhall.jar;other.jar;rss.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xmx512M jclient/LoginFrame C:\Jts

You can up the -Xmx512M parameter (like 1024M to allocate 1 GB), but I think that is overkill and should not be necessary. My machine has 6 GB of RAM, but I can't even begin to explain how much shit my machine runs on a continuous basis. Intel quad core 2.4GHz processor.

#18     Jul 7, 2010