TWS takes nearly 4 minutes to load!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by schizo, Jul 6, 2010.

1. schizo

schizo

I'm not sure if it's only me but my TWS takes too damn long to start up. I wonder if it's a memory issue. Does anybody know how I can allocate more memory?

2. avoid the latest version of jre + tws.

3. ron2368

ron2368

I have to say its beginning to be a pain in my ass. In early June was there a mandatory upgrade?

4. Sounds more like your computer is struggling with the software.... More RAM or greater RAM allocation likely not a help.

5. Bob111

Bob111

nah..have nothing to do with RAM or PC..i'm running 899 o one PC and 904 on other..904 is extremely slow at initial login..
    so slow that i guess i'm not only one who notice this..
    suppose to be fixed in 906-

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/releaseNotes/TWS_Notes_906.php

but i guess not?

i'm having different issues today,where orders submitted as smart all routed to island,but not displayed anywhere.
    i'm stuck right now with couple small orders and i can't even sell them at the bid..

6. pspr

pspr

Start turning off features in TWS that you don't use. I use the latest version and it loads just fine. Try exempting it in your anti-virus and anti-spam software.

7. schizo

schizo

I'm running Windows 7 Pro (x64 edition). I also upgraded the TWS to the latest build yesterday. The only reason why I bothered upgrading was this slowass problem. But the problem still remains.

As for the reason why I asked about allocating higher memory, such a gimmick usually works in Thinkorswim, which allows you to configure the amount of ram.

8. not fast, but nothing like 4 min. more like 30 seconds 4 me

9. Build 898.4, Sep 28, 2009 12:34:25 PM
    Java Version: 1.6.0_20

loads fine here.

10. would u mind elaborating?

thanks

#10     Jul 6, 2010