TWS stuck on loading screen

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by davidc123, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Hi,

I've sent IB a message about this but i'm not expecting a reply for few days so thought someone here may be able to help...

I've just got a new vista laptop and TWS wont get past the loading screen. I've tried the latest version and the previous version and both dont work, and i'm using the latest java.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I know people are using tws on vista with no problems.

Thanks.

2. Try it on a computer that doesn't use Vista. 99% chance it works.

3. A similar problem has started cropping up for me recently too. Using Vista and latest java release (1.6.0_10). However, with me, after entering password and security code, the TWS splash screen does not display for approx. 30mins and appears stuck on the user/pass screen. This is annoying as TWS would load within 30 secs before. Also, TWS sometimes reports an error message about being unable to retrieve my settings from the server, whether this is related, I'm not sure.

4. Yeah that's true, it works on xp. But that's not really an option for me, and the tws docs say it supports vista.

5. q1999

q1999

disable UAC

1. Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.

2. Double-click User Accounts.

3. Click the Turn User Account Control Off

6. beatiful, works perfectly now. thanks a lot.