TWS stable version Build 972.1w, Feb 19, 2020 seems buggy

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by congrats, Feb 20, 2020.

1. congrats

congrats

Received auto-update for TWS stable version with new Build number 972.1w earlier today. BTW there is no update note for this auto-update, it simply updated when you launch TWS. Their update page has no details.
    https://www1.interactivebrokers.com/en/?f=/en/general/tws-notes-963.php

It has messed up with Hotkey setups.
    1) It is opening up Order Ticket Quote Panel for some hotkey setups.
    2) It is using "Last" price though your hotkey set up refers to "Bid" or "Ask" price, for stock as well as options trading.

I am not aware, if this new auto-updated "stable" version (972.1w) has messed up any other TWS features. Anybody, if they notice similar or any other issues about this release, please post it.

Thanks

2. jys78

jys78

Haven't noticed. If you haven't done so already, let IB know.

3. vms01

vms01

why does the new "stable" version from today look like the "latest" version and has also same connection issues e.g. loading charts? please bring back the old stable version from yesterday and days before, it was much faster and with less bugs!

congrats likes this.
  4. congrats

congrats

I found this issue with TWS STABLE version 972.1w prior to pre-market time. The previous version was working without any issue. But after i restarted TWS, i got an auto update and that changed Hotkey setup. I restarted TWS again, but issue didn't resolve.
    After noticing that issue, i posted it online as it was late night for me to call to IB's helpdesk.
    Anyways, i did use this 972.1w STABLE version today morning during the day session, and i barely used hot key. The chart was being retrieved at one time then later the Chart appeared but it messed up the prior data on chart. This is not a release level s/w update, not sure why IB released it as a STABLE version.

5. vms01

vms01

just restarted TWS and auto updater made a rollback to a version, which looks like the old working "stable" version and not the "latest" version. The stable version nr. now is 972.1x

6. congrats

congrats

Let me check it out vms01. I haven't restarted the system yet.

7. congrats

congrats

8. vms01

vms01

no, seems to behave like the old "stable" version. Maybe they made a mistake and have overwritten the "stable" version with a "latest" version today in the morning and now, after hour, they made a rollback to the "stable" branch, but had to make an increment in the version number (software dev shizzl ;))

9. congrats

congrats

vms01, i was trying option trader in TWS stable version 972.1x
    I noticed that for TSLA for Strike price 900, i dont see any Bid/Ask price in volatility. It shows N/A. Can you please verify if you can see it?

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 7.11.02 PM.png

To enable option prices in volatility,
    Edit --> Global Config --> Option Trader --> Settings
    Within setting under Miscellaneous, check the box for Show option prices in Volatility.

10. vms01

vms01

I donĀ“t do options and have no UI configured for that, sry.

#10     Feb 21, 2020