TWS software update -- all fonts too big now. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by d0rian, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Try going back to Tues or Monday saved version. I did that and it changed my windows back but the fonts were large. I clicked the Aa button back and forth then returned to todays version under settings and all was good. Maybe dumb luck

#11     Feb 5, 2020
  2. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

That didn't work for me...But beyond the window and font stuff which is just fixing...the performance overall of TWS is worse. I dont know what IB is doing

#12     Feb 5, 2020
  3. d0rian

d0rian

Just created a new thread to alert others that API order submission is also busted; that's WAY too fundamental a functionality to have been affected by a software rollout. Using this version is playing russian roulette until they acknowledge/fix.

#13     Feb 5, 2020
  4. d08

d08

Never auto-update the TWS. Use the offline installer.

#14     Feb 5, 2020
  5. d0rian

d0rian

Why do you say that? (And how could one 'turn off' the auto-update in the LATEST version of TWS? Pretty sure I'm never even given the choice, it just...well, auto-updates upon launch)

(p.s. IB says they're aware of widespread issues with this roll-out)

#15     Feb 5, 2020
  6. d08

d08

Download the offline installer, not the regular one. That won't auto-update. Auto-updating critical software is pretty stupid if you don't have backups of previous versions readily available.

#16     Feb 5, 2020
  7. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

unfortunately now I cant go back...they dont allow you to download version even one version back.

If you have the TWS latest version that was just before todays version a share would be awesome. That version was smooth with no perfromance issues that I noticed. The usual glitches sure...but it was smooth and responsive for most part

#17     Feb 5, 2020
  8. d08

d08

I thought I did but I don't have one for Windows.

#18     Feb 5, 2020
  9. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

All good...appreciate the effort. thanks

#19     Feb 5, 2020
  10. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

This is unexpected that fonts were affected; I presume that lowering font size via aA in Mosaic toolbar helped, right? Nevertheless, would you please upload your bundle via Help - Upload Diagnostics, please add note "re ET issue with fonts" and PM me your first 4 letters of your user name. Thank you.

#20     Feb 5, 2020