TWS - Severe booktrader lag on NFP

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by atrocious, Dec 6, 2013.

1. For the last several months I've been experiencing significant lag on my TWS futures booktraders/depth of market during any market stress (payrolls, FOMC, etc...). They will stutter, freeze, and show data sometimes 30+ seconds old until they "catch up" usually two or three minutes after the release. To be clear I'm not referring to erratic market behavior, this is pure data lag.

Here's the rub, I have a second instance of TWS (gateway) on the same machine that drives my API charting, and those charts *do* show the correct last trade. Often times those charts will show ES (for example) trading at a price 5 points or more away from where my booktrader is until they catch up.

PS - I've tested several other futures platforms on this same machine streaming full market depth on 6+ ladders with no issues whatsoever. It's definitely not my computer or high speed internet.

Does anyone else experience this problem with TWS, and is there any way to optimize this? I'm happy with my setup 99% of the time. I'm willing to look at a 3rd party API "ladder" solution but I don't think it would make any difference. My beef is with data lag, not functionality.

Please keep it constructive, thanks for any help!