TWS screwey since yesterday afternoon (6/12)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bungrider, Jun 13, 2003.

1. man TWS keeps logging out CONSTANTLY on me to the purple color...

every time it logs out and in again, it retrieves a handful (but not all) of my pending orders...

anyone else having this problem?? it's pretty friggin' annoying when trying to, you know, TRADE.

2. chisel

chisel

No problems here at all.

3. taodr

taodr

It happened three times this week but it appears it was or it effected the internet connection. Had to reset connection ie. ipconfig/ release.

4. taodr

taodr

I have a cable connection. Usually I shut down this computer when I am finished for the day. The last ten days I just let it sleep and since the problem. A guy told me it could be zonealarm or something to do with software when it's on over night. Shut down last night and today it's fine so far.

5. I use zonealarm to lock down the cable connection at night, and also shutdown and restart tws daily.

No IB-related problems all week.

6. tmb

tmb

I'm getting this right now. I exited TWS and tried to restart it and the login screen doesn't even reappear. All other internet activity is working fine as far as I can see.

7. Kernol

Kernol

was able to log back on however

8. tmb

tmb

I eventually got back on too.

9. def

def Sponsor

Try a ping test and a tracert to test the integrety of your connection. if you are losing packets, the TWS will do that.

If you don't know how to do those test, there should be some info on the IB discussion techinical boards on our site.

10. tmb

tmb

Thanks; I will try these if it occurs again.

#10     Jun 17, 2003