TWS Question about Reports

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by arman555, Apr 4, 2019.

1. arman555

arman555

Hello Fellas, First post here from a long time lurker...

I just moved to IB TWS, the platform is powerful but hella difficult. I am so used to metatrader that I find it really hard to follow the reporting on TWS.

What would be the best execution method to send combo orders? Is there any way i can set the condition that either both legs gets filled or nothing does.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

You need to spend lots of time (like, 'the next six months') doing nothing but learning about TWS.

TWS as it arrives on your screen is a glorified spreadsheet, and not very friendly. But there are 3-4-more ways to do ANYTHING on TWS, and the way that will work best for you will depend upon your trading habits, instruments, frequency, etc.

Do whatever you need to do, to trade initially. Diagram/document all the steps, buttons, process flow, settings..
    WATCH TONS OF VIDEOS -- and rewatch, and rewatch.

TAKE SCREEN SHOTS of your final set-ups -- and do that again every 6 months -- because you will lose your TWS at least once a year, and have to rebuild it from scratch. Whether that rebuild happens in an intense afternoon, or a mind-numbing fortnight, is up to you. PROTECT yourself.

(Also, whenever you feel that your TWS took a major step up? Save the settings, and save again under a date_name, so that there are at least two copies. Trust me.)

Eventually, a "raw" TWS will look like a foreign landscape to you -- as will anyone else's TWS -- because that "glorified spreadsheet" is so *amazingly* flexible and customizable. Sure, it's a pain-in-the-ass right now. But if you get it humming? And the market goes ape-shit on you?? TWS will be your BEST FRIEND as you surgically keep your account together.