TWS Problems this Morning?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Toonces, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Toonces

Toonces

Is anyone having problems with TWS logging off? I'm trying to figure out if I'm having an internet problem. I'm having no problem accessing the internet, but my TWS keeps logging off and losing quotes momentarily.

Now I've moved TWS to my second computer, which has a different ISP. So far, no problems.

Is it possible to have an internet connection running properly, yet somehow now have one of your applications respond to your internet? I have this news program that I run, and even when I am unable to connect to the internet with my web browser, it still receives data. I always assumed that if one application worked, all would work. Maybe not so?

2. Havent had any problems here.

3. Great day yesterday. First the TWS lost all my pages and then the quotes just quit. Had to reboot the TWS to get the quotes started again. Nothing wrong with my ISP. IB is just unreliable.

4. the new IB TWS is a F#%@* POS !!!! I am telling you IB is turning to PURE sh*T, I don't know what happened to them but I keep hearing about problems all the time
    WTF is going on !!!!!!!!!??? I have got a f*cking ghost TWS!!!!!!!!

5. I,ve often thought that it could be a conspiracy to make you call in and cancel an order. They make more money that way.

'Course I expect to catch hell for saying this on ET where IB has a lot of shills.

All these "goings on" are very strange and continuous and nothing like I have seen before in my previous accounts.

6. Build 817.3 works fine.

BTW, do not upgrade to build 818.x

:(

7. bebe

bebe

818.5 here - do NOT upgrade!

8. AND WHY DO YOU ALWAYS GET THE SAME MORON on their online help !!!!!!

9. alanm

alanm

Quote from hoodooman:
    I,ve often thought that it could be a conspiracy to make you call in and cancel an order. They make more money that way.

Huh? How do they make money by having to answer more phone calls? They don't charge to cancel an order when you/they are having technical problems. They only charge to ENTER an order, and only when there is no technical reason you can't do it yourself (i.e. you're on vacation without internet access).