TWS price alerts suddenly disappeared

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by helpme_please, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Ryan81

Ryan81

I just opened up a ticket with IB support, for both issues (no email notifications for fills, and IB Key not working reliably.) Eagerly waiting to see how they blame it on me this time!

#11     Sep 9, 2019
  2. Ryan81

Ryan81

I'm guessing for the "email notifications not working" they are going to tell me to check my spam folder. For the IB Key issue, they will probably ask me the make/model of my phone and tell me to make sure it is connected to the cellular or wifi network.

#12     Sep 9, 2019
  3. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

No. North America

#13     Sep 9, 2019
  4. Ryan81

Ryan81

Anyone yet figure out why email alerts aren't working? Or what you need to do? This morning I'm still not receiving email alerts for fills.

#14     Sep 10, 2019
  5. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

I haven't reached out to IB cause I'm just tired of dealing with their support who never really solves problems and just has to forward it to people somewhere who actually can... OnIy to never hear back and problem never fixed

I also haven't been receiving text notifications for traded

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    #15     Sep 10, 2019
  6. Ryan81

Ryan81

After contacting support, they asked me to check in the "Alerts" window in TWS if I had an alert set. There wasn't an alert there for trades/fills. However, I never originally created any alert (that I know of) to get email notifications for trades/fills. It was kind of just set up that way and worked automatically for years. I never had a reason to open the "Alerts" window in TWS, so I don't know if there "used to be" an alert there for fills which was somehow now removed? Or if there was a separate setting for this somewhere on IB's website. In any case, I added a new alert for myself manually, into the TWS "Alerts" window. I guess I'll find out if it works the next time one of my orders fills...

#16     Sep 13, 2019
  7. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

They or you are mixing up two separate issues

Alerts are different than notifications.
    Alerts are price alarms for when a stock hits a certain level and you get notified in tws

Notifications are trade confirmations that are either emailed or texted to you

My price ALERTS have vanished AND I am no longer getting text notifications of completed trades

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    #17     Sep 13, 2019
  8. Ryan81

Ryan81

OK.. then I never had any "Alerts" set up in the first place.

But, similar to you, I also am NOT receiving email "Notifications" of completed trades anymore. This problem started this week for me.

cc: @def

#18     Sep 13, 2019
  9. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

They did something that erased people's alerts, AND also stopped people getting their trade notifications.

Gotta write them back and let them know they confused your issue

#19     Sep 13, 2019
    Ryan81 likes this.
  10. I ran into a problem with IB's login system about 10 days ago where their SMS 2FA system broke down and when I called they gave me a temporary password that did not require 2FA. It was sorted out after a couple days. They were excellent about getting me up and running fast, no complaints.

#20     Sep 14, 2019