TWS not allowing API to connect NinjaTrader or any for "zero commission" trades under IBKR Lite

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by kngrail, Jan 12, 2020.

1. kngrail

kngrail

Hello
    is there a work around with TWS for this problem
    TWS dont allow API to connect NinjaTrader or any for "zero commission" trades under IBKR Lite
    i been using Ninjatrader to send orders from strategy Trading to TWS for long time Now that most brokers offers zero-commission, incld IB, but they dont want to allow API to be connected
    I like to see anyone experience the same issue and have a resolution in place, beside moving to other brokers

thank you and appreciate it

2. guru

guru

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  3. kngrail

kngrail

Thk you "guru" for the response. ok. i see in that link you provided it does show it won't have API feature for IBKR Lite
    I do a high # of Day Trades per day, like 50-60 a day, so is crazy number, so zero commission is a big deal :(( but some folks here say, smart routing gives better fill. but both my entry and exit are LMT orders

4. There is a way to get around this problem by programming a macro clicker to do the order placing for you and have your own program execute the macro when needed. It's a lot of work but can result in tons of savings.

5. kngrail

kngrail

Merc - thks for info. pl check your private thread where I sent a message

6. Just be sure your broker won't detect your inhumanly fast clicks lol.

7. kngrail

kngrail

now I see you make joke of me :(

8. Buddy, it's no joke it can be done. I replied to your PM.

9. kngrail

kngrail

ok, i see. checking the message