TWS locking up on Save again

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tango29, Jan 13, 2021.

1. tango29

tango29

Anyone else experiencing TWS locking up when you do a Save? I had an update yesterday, and e had it happen once yesterday, but today it is a problem all the time and it seems the computer is bogged down. I did a DSL reports speed test and had a whopping 81 megabits per sec download but 14 upload. On another computer I was at 238 and 9. Trying a reboot at the moment, but getting tired of these little issues I am running into with the platform this past year. Not to mention I still miss tick charts.

2. roca

roca

yea man TWS is really not a good platform for professional use. But what do you mean locking up when you do a Save?

3. tango29

tango29

It freezes, I am unable to do anything. I have had it happen with orders a couple of times lately also.
    I haven't had many issues until this last year and usually after an update. It was freezing again today, but as the day goes on it seems to get better. I am reaching the point of looking for another platform. I can't accept having orders in limbo until it starts up again.

4. roca

roca

yea at the open TWS can be slow. I used it for 3years but had enough and recently switched.
    You can check Medved Trader or MotiveWave. You can connect them to IB using the API.
    They are not expensive too

5. surfer25

surfer25

Try increasing your memory allocation.