TWS latest release 909.3 is a MESS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tomahawk, Sep 28, 2010.

1. DAV, thanks for all your help and comments on the other issues.

Apparently the font size IB was going for on the axis numbers is 10, according to how it matches up with a typed in comment with font size 10 selected (the smallest choice available). I'm wondering why IB would make the default axis font size the smallest out of the available choices for chart comments (again, font size selection not available for axis numbers, in case that wasn't clear). But the real issue is that the "size 10" is actually considerably smaller than true size 10. I've attached a picture with 2 examples of actual size 10 font, one from MS Word and one from Notepad.

I will submit a ticket if necessary, but hopefully you'd agree based on this pic there is a distortion of scale with the IB fonts, and the numbers are unusually small and difficult to read.

#21     Oct 6, 2010
  2. rsi80

rsi80

I just downloaded the install and upgrade verisons of TWS 909 and noticed that the program files don't have a digital signature, unlike the last few versions. Is this omission a cause for concern?

#22     Oct 7, 2010
  3. J.P.

J.P.

I agree, the axis numbers are too small.

#23     Oct 8, 2010
  4. I've been informed that this problem is going to be addressed. In the meantime it probably wouldn't hurt to cast your vote at this link provided by DAV.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...ll.php?sid=5077

#24     Oct 8, 2010
  5. J.P.

J.P.

This link doesn't work for me.

#25     Oct 11, 2010