TWS latest release 909.3 is a MESS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tomahawk, Sep 28, 2010.

1. This issue seems to have been resolved.

Any information about the small time/price axis numbers? I looked for a font size adjustment for those but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

#11     Oct 4, 2010
  2. Using 909.5 the Shutdown progress window gets to 'Closing Charts' and does not progress past that point and freezes. Have to close using Task Manager. This occurs constantly with 9 charts on a page. It fewer (3 or 4) it will close properly.

I use IB's charts only for backup and papertrading. While the new vertical slider works as it should, there has always been what seems to be a conflict with the horizontal slider, the Show (#) Bars and the Add Horizontal Space to Chart icon. As with the above problem, this happens when there are say 9 charts on a page. But even if you expand one of those charts to full screen, the horizontal adjustment doesn't function properly.

#12     Oct 4, 2010
  3. The slider is ok, but it was better before with the simple expand/condense arrows. The problem now is autoscale doesn't kick in like it should whenever price runs up or down off the screen. When you're watching multiple charts if you're not careful it can look like price is stalling when it's actually running to new highs/lows.

I don't have that log off problem (yet), using about 12 charts.

The tiny numbers are still very tiresome.

#13     Oct 4, 2010
  4. Son of a b****, that just happened here too. Was fine last night, now an issue.

#14     Oct 4, 2010
  5. J.P.

J.P.

Yes, I too have a problem with both of these issues.

#15     Oct 5, 2010
  6. Arjun1

Arjun1

I'm sure that 99% of IB customers would dump IB in a heartbeat if it weren't for Quotetracker, Ninjatrader, and many other great software vendors that know how to provide the basic charting/trading functionality traders need.

#16     Oct 5, 2010
  7. moarla

moarla

there are not so much brokers around with all the goodies that IB offers.
    the charting is not in that list.
    so dont cry around like children and buy some charting package.

If you cant afford one, go working as waitress or taxi driver, its better for you.

#17     Oct 5, 2010
  8. Hey, I'm just trying to help so they can add charting to the list.

#18     Oct 5, 2010
  9. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

The freezing problem that occurrs during shutdown with multiple charts is fixed in TWS 909.6.
    If you still experience it PM me.
    Thanks
    DAV

#19     Oct 5, 2010
  10. I too am finding this version a problem.

I live in UK and use IB data with Sierra Chart, on loading SC the charts are not showing the last 50mins.

IB please look into this and DO NOT say the problem is with SC because it is not. Charts loaded fine with previous IB build.

The fact that you've now take this version off your download page speaks volumes.

#20     Oct 5, 2010