TWS Latest 10.12.2h VWAP lagging behind- TWS developers

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mrrvogl, Jan 12, 2022.

1. mrrvogl

mrrvogl

I don't know if there's any TWS developers following this, I know in the past they were active here and made changes to the software based on feedback. I recently received a bulletin that my older TWS stable had security flaws and to switch to the Latest build. So I switched but the lagging VWAP drives me insane. VWAP doesn't keep up with the chart, every 5-10 mins it gets so far behind I have to manually refresh all my charts. Why isnt this updating as it should? How does something like this even get broken? Its been in basically all the betas and latest version for months. Please fix

2. For what it is worth: IB fixed the security vulnerability also in the "stable" TWS version (9.81). It appears that you don't necessarily have to use the TWS "latest" version.
    I don't know whether switching to the "stable" version would help you with the VWAP calculations though.

mrrvogl likes this.
  3. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

The broken VWAP is a known issue I've reported...that was at least 2 months ago if not longer I think. I dont know how its possible to continually break the same things over and over and over again.

mrrvogl likes this.
  4. mrrvogl

mrrvogl

I dont understand that either. And VWAP is the most common indicator, how does a platform mess that up. jeez

5. mrrvogl

mrrvogl

Oh thanks I didnt know they fixed it, although i was still using it past the time they said to use it, so I thought it was odd they didnt prevent me from logging in. but at the same time i didnt want to keep using software with vulnerabilities. Guess back to the stable I go. 981 is the one I was using

6. They use Indian programmers who basically don't gaf.

7. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

I dont know man...Something is just broken in their developer department. They constantly do 1 step forward 1 step back. Fix this...then update or two later its broken again.

8. If you haven't worked with outsourced Indian programmers, this is more or less how it works.

9. gaz0001

gaz0001

Same story different day and version.

VWAP has been consistently broken in one or more versions of TWS for years.

I say, put your money where your mouth is and move on to another broker and platform.

IB are not interested.

10. Fain

Fain

They are creating an entirely brand new platform. Introducing later this year.

#10     Jan 13, 2022