TWS is loading charts slowly...."attempting to retrieve data"

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by killer007, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Or on a Sunday.

#11     Jun 3, 2019
  2. JSOP

JSOP

Then it's IB's servers. They can be slow from time to time especially if you have multiple charts with data being loaded. Weekends are slow too; that's a given.

#12     Jun 3, 2019
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

If you are connected to the New York server ask IB to switch you to the Chicago server.

#13     Jun 4, 2019
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

TWS is planted on your computer, whether native or downloaded. Issues would show up in CPU and RAM consumption.
    IB's servers are IB's issues, but Task Manager would still show 1) low resource consumption -- even *idle* time, and 2) stalls and spikes in network use.

OP should open Task Manager (and for that matter, Resource Manager) and see what might show.

#14     Jun 4, 2019
  5. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

You're missing the point...tws doesn't freeze...resources arent being hogged. As I and several other users have confirmed. Its just the charts failing to load data (or doing it slowly) at times. Or some loading and others not.

#15     Jun 4, 2019
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

You're missing the point: how did you confirm that resources were not hogged? Please see my original post.

#16     Jun 4, 2019
  7. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

Because I've been a tws user for years and I along with anyone over 10 years old know how to check the task manager. Its the first thing you do.

But again...the whole app would be slow and freezing if it was the case of the app hogging resources and not just charts failing to load data.

#17     Jun 4, 2019
  8. Yeah I have to say nothing show up on task manager, I even disable most of the services that windows 7 supposed to run and still the same

IB told me it's not the server... And it's not my computer cuz I just run tws and 4 charts should be that bad....
    I remember I had esignal like 10 years ago for like 20 to 30 charts with no problem with old computers, it's just it's too expensive cuz almost 200 dollars a month just for the program

It's the java isn't it? They use java, anyway I can increase java performance?

#18     Jun 4, 2019
  9. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

IB is covering their own butt... It's absolutely something to do with tws communication with IB's servers.

The crappy thing about IB support is I could send them a video recording of an issue, and I have before, and they'll just brush it aside.

Obviously it's an issue as several of us are experiencing the exact same thing

#19     Jun 4, 2019
  10. JSOP

JSOP

It's IB's servers and a little bit Java. Java is slow by nature but it's mostly IB's servers. Trust me. IB will NEVER admit to anything, acknowledge anything, nothing. That's just how they are.

#20     Jun 4, 2019