TWS frozen help

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by plan, Feb 24, 2009.

1. plan

plan

my TWS keeps freezing for the last 2 days. Nothing I can do but shut it down and re-start. I haven't done anything different, no new apps, no new versions, etc.

Any ideas out there?

2. nassau

nassau

we have the same issues and noticed all stocks with 2 or 3 symbols did not have bid / ask for part of the morning and rebooting did not bring it back. Came back after Bernanke was speaking which was after 10 a.m.

Our tws went pink today again several times in the early afternoon and has been a bit slow.

I also noticed a lot of trading behind the scene in the futures where the trades were trading above or below bid /ask.

We took advantage of this and got better fills going into the close. Some fills were almost 2 points away.

I don't believe there is anything you can do as this has been going on for years but like some of the other posts with reference to other brokers they also are experiencing the same thing. It could be a way of controlling selling?

w

3. Darn! That was supposed to be a secret. Now you've let the cat out of the bag. Uh huh. All the brokers got together and conspired to do this. Controlled selling. Right :D