TWS freezing

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Toonces, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Toonces

Toonces

Has anyone else had TWS freeze on them the last couple of days? I click on a bid or ask, the price shows up in the lower line and can't be changed. The quotes freeze, and the software has to be shut down and restarted. This has happened at least 3 times since yesterday.

I sent customer service an email, but I'd like to find out if this is a TWS software issue, or if it's something peculiar to my computer.

2. nope rock solid this week.

3. My tws froze up yesterday morning. Had to open it up 3 times to get it to work.

4. Maybe you have a corrupted file.

Delete your XML directory. When you restart TWS, a clean one will be created.

The XML directory has random letters as a name. For exmple, C:\Jts\dwlcjwfzv.

WARNING: Save a copy of your original XML directory because if you follow the above instruction you will lose ALL of your personalizations, hotkeys and pages.

I take you have installed the newest TWS version. It has happened in the past (sometimes) that a new version of TWS won't open older file types. The result in those cases is that you'd lose a page or hotkeys which you'd have to recreate. In this case its may be opening the file but not able to process it, hence it freezes

Try it out and see if it works. You can always copy back the original version of the XML directory THAT I WARNED YOU TO SAVE.