TWS Freezing ???

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rcj, Dec 14, 2007.

1. rcj

rcj

Gang ... Im getting ready to install camtasia. Several traders here do that. Yeah, i understand re: HSI - it can get really crazy. You might want to consider Camtasia ???

When VIX is up i dont hve time to get snaps of stuff for my piker YM trades. I was very lucky that i got off two trades this afternoon while TWS was "crippled" - didnt realize it was happening b/c the API was working just enough with ZLT to do the trades.
    Im still not sure what was going on... my system or IB/TWS.
    Im still investigating... cking out what Kiwi had to say.
    Thanks, Kiwi.

I almost never have any problems with TWS ... kind of took me by surprise.

We'll see Sun nite.

rj

#11     Dec 14, 2007
  2. I was really sorry to read about your latest problem. Amazing how if it had to happen, it happened to you. LOL!

By the way, my understanding of the word "shill" is that I'm supposed to get some remuneration for my activities. So, if you wouldn't mind, next time you're in contact with customer service, (which I presume will be soon in your case), will you please have them forward my check? LOL!

OldTrader

#12     Dec 15, 2007
  3. I'm also a supporter of IB, and I feel my salary is way too low. It is approximately zero. No, actually, it is just exactly zero.

Anyway, here is a tip that might possibly help some people. I have noticed that if I close my TWS while I still have an open market depth window, then the next time I log in to TWS, I will have all sorts of bugs and problems going on haywire, including data freezes, windows erroneously duplicated, gibberish error messages, etc. If I simply make sure to close all market depth windows before I exit TWS, then almost all of these TWS bugs completely disappear.

I do agree with those who say that IB should shift greater resources to quality, reliability, troubleshooting, and redundancy, and spend less resources on new features. But I would also like to say that I appreciate the privilege of being an IB customer, despite the imperfections.

#13     Dec 15, 2007