TWS for Android phones

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by scriabinop23, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Now, this might be overly careful, but: is the android version the same as the ios as the blackberry as the java version? After all, this is IB's programming, and if the past is any indicator, there must be some differences in functionality. Has anyone tried/compared different versions? Which would be the most stable?

#21     Dec 2, 2010
  2. The iOS and Android versions are practically identical. There are a couple of features on iOS like Scanners and some kind of market analysis called IB Market Brief. If you use these two features then slight edge to the iOS version, otherwise there is no real difference. Stability is another question as Android apps can be funny sometimes and crash. We'll see on that as it goes but so far I'm pretty impressed.

I tried a few test trades using the Android version and it was very easy to manage them and much more usable than I thought it would be for a first beta. It looks like IB used what they learned from the iOS version and most of the functionality is ready to go.

#22     Dec 2, 2010
  3. rraicu

rraicu

so far works great, i just can't find the Book Trader....

#23     Dec 2, 2010
  4. rraicu

rraicu

Can someone seem to find Book Trader on the Android platform?

#24     Dec 2, 2010
  5. john99

john99

There is no Book Trader for Android TWS.

Here is a video on the new android tws from youtube.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xRoxpREiT0o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xRoxpREiT0o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#25     Dec 2, 2010
  6. wongtmn

wongtmn

Hi, there,

I tried TWS for iphone, and decided not to use it because it requires the re-enter of the security codes every 10 minutes.
    Is it the same for TWS for Android?

I am still using TWS on Windows XP for trading because the security codes re-enter is not needed.
    Thanks.

T.

#26     Dec 13, 2010
  7. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

BookTrader will be in the next release of the mobileTWS for Android (along with Scanners, Alerts and IB Market Brief)

#27     Dec 13, 2010

8. Thanks for posting. Definitely not the smoothest app. Probably stick with ultraportable laptop with full TWS imo.

Ok in a pinch when on the move I guess.

#28     Dec 13, 2010
  9. rraicu

rraicu

thank you for your followup. Much appreciated and I look forward to added features!

#29     Dec 15, 2010
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

did you make it all back?

#30     Jan 8, 2011