TWS + Excel DDE API running on a Mac

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tonyf, Jan 10, 2021.

1. tonyf

tonyf

I have been running TWS jointly with the DDE and ActiveX spreadsheet on my windows multi-monitor desktop and have a couple of questions regarding macs:

1) Myunderstanding is that Java is not native to Mac. Would the same setup run as smoothly as on windows?
    2) I am interested in that new M1 laptop (only 8GB of Rams and not expandable). Would that chipset and laptop be powerful enough to handle TWS and an API live spreadsheet running jointly?
    3) we have an IPAD. Has anyone tried using that as a portable second screen with a laptop?

just trying to figure out if I can migrate to Mac or stick with windows really....

2. danielc1

danielc1

You need to stick with windows.
    I like mac too, but I always got stuck migrating from windows to mac, if it comes to trading software and/or applications. Excel version for the mac is absolutely a different animal than the version for windows.

tonyf likes this.
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

There is no news on TWS working on apple silicon yet. I am waiting as well.

4. tonyf

tonyf

you may have just saved me a lot of stress. I owe you few nights of good sleep. Priceless :)

5. tonyf

tonyf

Can the iPad act as a second screen for TWS when using a win 10 laptop?

6. d08

d08

I doubt it. It's a different OS and an iPad has no input signal to be used as a screen.

7. tonyf

tonyf

there are softwares that do that it seems, but I wonder what the signal latency would be in that case....